Fandango is reporting that Syfy’s Sharknado sold out midnight showtimes in three cities – New York, Boston, and Seattle – and additional showtimes were added continuously to meet fan demand. The cult phenom is playing on roughly 200 screens in movie theaters across the country. Fandango called the sales pace “bloody good” for screenings hosted by Regal and NCM Fathon Events. Sharknado premiered on Syfy on July 11th, drawing just 1.4 million total viewers. But social media interest was high and a repeat viewing a week later on Syfy drew about a half-million more viewers. Starring Ian Ziering and Tara Reid, the pic’s nonsensical plot investigates the ecological nightmare of sharks caught in a tornado and falling from the skies into the streets of Los Angeles. The network has already ordered a 2014 version.
‘Sharknado’ Midnight Sales “Bloody Good”
What's Hot on Deadline
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest Film News
- ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Star Chin Han To Scale ‘Skyscraper’ With Dwayne Johnson
- Netflix ‘Triple Frontier’ Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal…
- Potential ‘Citizen Kane’ & ‘Cat People’ TV Series At Heart Of RKO Lawsuit
- Susan Lacy Explains Making Of Her Steven Spielberg Documentary For HBO – TCA
- Tim Burton’s Live-Action ‘Dumbo’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor DeObia Oparei
- ‘UnReal’ Star Caitlin FitzGerald Joins ‘The Man Who Killed Hitler Then The Bigfoot’