Think Discovery Channel is fazed by the backlash that greeted the fake Megalodon documentary that kicked off its Shark Week on Monday? Not when its new late-nighter Shark After Dark made chum out of the talk show competition again Tuesday. The Josh Wolf-hosted talker bit off 1.19M total viewers, topping Conan, The Daily Show, Colbert et al. for the second consecutive night. It also beat the competition in the key demos. Shark Week programming led Discovery to win the Tuesday primetime cable race outright in adults 25-54 and several other demos, with Spawn Of Jaws and I Escaped Jaws ranking as cable’s highest-rated shows in 18-49. No official numbers yet in the seals 0-40 demo.
‘Shark After Dark’ Devours Cable Talk Rivals For 2nd Night; Discovery Tops Cable In Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring