Think Discovery Channel is fazed by the backlash that greeted the fake Megalodon documentary that kicked off its Shark Week on Monday? Not when its new late-nighter Shark After Dark made chum out of the talk show competition again Tuesday. The Josh Wolf-hosted talker bit off 1.19M total viewers, topping Conan, The Daily Show, Colbert et al. for the second consecutive night. It also beat the competition in the key demos. Shark Week programming led Discovery to win the Tuesday primetime cable race outright in adults 25-54 and several other demos, with Spawn Of Jaws and I Escaped Jaws ranking as cable’s highest-rated shows in 18-49. No official numbers yet in the seals 0-40 demo.
‘Shark After Dark’ Devours Cable Talk Rivals For 2nd Night; Discovery Tops Cable In Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- NBC Buys Cop Family Drama From Nkechi Carroll & Matt Reeves As Put Pilot
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Fox Nabs ‘Ghosted’ Comedy Starring Craig Robinson & Adam Scott From Tom Gormican With Production Commitment
- Viceland Enters Late Night With ‘Desus & Mero’, Orders Tyler the Creator Series, Renews ‘Huang’s World…
- ‘Ice’: Audrey Marie Anderson Joins Antoine Fuqua’s Audience Drama Series
- Issa Rae Inks First-Look Deal With HBO