Think Discovery Channel is fazed by the backlash that greeted the fake Megalodon documentary that kicked off its Shark Week on Monday? Not when its new late-nighter Shark After Dark made chum out of the talk show competition again Tuesday. The Josh Wolf-hosted talker bit off 1.19M total viewers, topping Conan, The Daily Show, Colbert et al. for the second consecutive night. It also beat the competition in the key demos. Shark Week programming led Discovery to win the Tuesday primetime cable race outright in adults 25-54 and several other demos, with Spawn Of Jaws and I Escaped Jaws ranking as cable’s highest-rated shows in 18-49. No official numbers yet in the seals 0-40 demo.
‘Shark After Dark’ Devours Cable Talk Rivals For 2nd Night; Discovery Tops Cable In Demo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'