After bringing in a $209M global hit with 2011’s comedy Horrible Bosses, Seth Gordon will not be returning to direct the sequel for New Line. Sources say scheduling conflicts are to blame, but the studio is still moving forward towards a fall shoot and they’re “actively looking for a replacement”. Gordon’s busy slate includes new ABC sitcom The Goldbergs which he executive produces. Earlier this year he scored another hit with Universal’s Melissa McCarthy comedy Identity Thief. Back in March Gordon inked a deal with Uni to direct Horrible Bosses stars Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis in One Night On The Hudson.
Seth Gordon Exits ‘Horrible Bosses 2′; Search Is On For New Helmer
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'