After bringing in a $209M global hit with 2011′s comedy Horrible Bosses, Seth Gordon will not be returning to direct the sequel for New Line. Sources say scheduling conflicts are to blame, but the studio is still moving forward towards a fall shoot and they’re “actively looking for a replacement”. Gordon’s busy slate includes new ABC sitcom The Goldbergs which he executive produces. Earlier this year he scored another hit with Universal’s Melissa McCarthy comedy Identity Thief. Back in March Gordon inked a deal with Uni to direct Horrible Bosses stars Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis in One Night On The Hudson.
Seth Gordon Exits ‘Horrible Bosses 2′; Search Is On For New Helmer
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- WME Signs 'Starry Eyes' Directing Duo
- 'NSYNC's JC Chasez Cast In Topher Grace Movie Musical
- Jenny Mollen To Write & Star In Autobiographical Comedy For ABC
- 'Everly' Producers Eye Black List Action-Thriller 'Dig'
- Taye Diggs Joins Topher Grace Musical Comedy 'One Shot'
- Tate Donovan Joins Elle Fanning Transgender Drama 'Three Generations'