After bringing in a $209M global hit with 2011’s comedy Horrible Bosses, Seth Gordon will not be returning to direct the sequel for New Line. Sources say scheduling conflicts are to blame, but the studio is still moving forward towards a fall shoot and they’re “actively looking for a replacement”. Gordon’s busy slate includes new ABC sitcom The Goldbergs which he executive produces. Earlier this year he scored another hit with Universal’s Melissa McCarthy comedy Identity Thief. Back in March Gordon inked a deal with Uni to direct Horrible Bosses stars Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis in One Night On The Hudson.
Seth Gordon Exits ‘Horrible Bosses 2′; Search Is On For New Helmer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Imperative Entertainment, Bastei Lubbe AG Form Joint Media Venture
- Lionsgate's Codeblack Inks First-Look Deal With Datari Turner
- Peter Facinelli's A7SLE Films Hires 'Cropsey' Scribe
- The Orchard Acquires Survival Thriller 'Preservation'