EXCLUSIVE: Scott Bakula, Emmy nominated for his supporting role in Behind The Candelabra, is returning to HBO with a recurring role on the network’s upcoming Michael Lannan/Andrew Haigh series, which has been given a title — Looking. The eight-episode dramedy series revolves around three friends in San Francisco (Frankie J. Alvarez, Murray Bartlett, Jonathan Groff), who explore the fun and sometimes overwhelming options available to a new generation of gay men. Bakula will play Lynn, an attractive entrepreneur and pillar of the Castro community. Haigh directed the pilot written by Lannan, with Haigh and Sarah Condon executive producing the series and Lannan serves co-exec producing. Production is slated to begin in the fall in San Francisco for a 2014 premiere. Quantum Leap and Men Of A Certain Age alum Bakula, repped by ICM Partners and Anonymous Content, recently completed three indies, Max Landis’ Me Him Her, India-themed musical Basmati Blues opposite Donald Sutherland and Elsa And Fred opposite Christopher Plummer and Shirley MacLaine.
Scott Bakula Joins HBO’s Michael Lannan Dramedy Series, Now Titled ‘Looking’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order