EXCLUSIVE: Scott Bakula, Emmy nominated for his supporting role in Behind The Candelabra, is returning to HBO with a recurring role on the network’s upcoming Michael Lannan/Andrew Haigh series, which has been given a title — Looking. The eight-episode dramedy series revolves around three friends in San Francisco (Frankie J. Alvarez, Murray Bartlett, Jonathan Groff), who explore the fun and sometimes overwhelming options available to a new generation of gay men. Bakula will play Lynn, an attractive entrepreneur and pillar of the Castro community. Haigh directed the pilot written by Lannan, with Haigh and Sarah Condon executive producing the series and Lannan serves co-exec producing. Production is slated to begin in the fall in San Francisco for a 2014 premiere. Quantum Leap and Men Of A Certain Age alum Bakula, repped by ICM Partners and Anonymous Content, recently completed three indies, Max Landis’ Me Him Her, India-themed musical Basmati Blues opposite Donald Sutherland and Elsa And Fred opposite Christopher Plummer and Shirley MacLaine.
Scott Bakula Joins HBO’s Michael Lannan Dramedy Series, Now Titled ‘Looking’
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest TV News
- Nicole Kidman On ‘Big Little Lies’, Kubrick And Taking Chances: “I Don't Approach Things From That Safe Place”…
- TV News Covers Charlottesville Memorial: “If I Have To Give My Child Up, We're Going To Make It Count”
- 'Dietland': Joy Nash Cast As the Lead In AMC’s Drama Series From Marti Noxon
- Gordon Ramsay Discusses Process Of Identifying And Elevating Young Talent On 'MasterChef Junior'
- Carlton Cuse Inks Big Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- Seth Meyers: Press Conference Proves Donald Trump “Fully Out Of His Mind”