EXCLUSIVE: Scott Bakula, Emmy nominated for his supporting role in Behind The Candelabra, is returning to HBO with a recurring role on the network’s upcoming Michael Lannan/Andrew Haigh series, which has been given a title — Looking. The eight-episode dramedy series revolves around three friends in San Francisco (Frankie J. Alvarez, Murray Bartlett, Jonathan Groff), who explore the fun and sometimes overwhelming options available to a new generation of gay men. Bakula will play Lynn, an attractive entrepreneur and pillar of the Castro community. Haigh directed the pilot written by Lannan, with Haigh and Sarah Condon executive producing the series and Lannan serves co-exec producing. Production is slated to begin in the fall in San Francisco for a 2014 premiere. Quantum Leap and Men Of A Certain Age alum Bakula, repped by ICM Partners and Anonymous Content, recently completed three indies, Max Landis’ Me Him Her, India-themed musical Basmati Blues opposite Donald Sutherland and Elsa And Fred opposite Christopher Plummer and Shirley MacLaine.
Scott Bakula Joins HBO’s Michael Lannan Dramedy Series, Now Titled ‘Looking’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates