The two electronics giants are angling to show off their new gadgets ahead of the introduction of new iPhones, iPads and other products from rival Apple, Bloomberg reports. Along with the Note III phone/tablet hybrid, Samsung’s roster includes a wristwatch/smartphone hybrid to be called Galaxy Gear and powered by Google’s Android system. It will be able to surf the web and handle emails, Bloomberg said citing people familiar with the matter. Both products are to be introduced September 4. On the same day, Sony will unleash its latest Xperia handset which includes imaging sensors used in its TVs and cameras. Xperia, which connects to Sony’s entertainment content, is seen as key to helping the company report a profit in the fiscal year that will end March 2014. Meanwhile, Apple’s new devices will be unveiled at a September 10 event, a source told Bloomberg. Earlier this year, Apple CEO Tim Cook said there were “surprises” in the works with “some really great stuff coming in the fall and across all of 2014.” Among those products, company watchers expect Apple to introduce wristwatches that communicate with its iPhones and a TV that integrates conventional and online video. The Samsung and Sony announcements will hit just ahead of the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin. No word on how Samsung will introduce its new products. When it unveiled the Galaxy S4 in March, it live-streamed the announcement to some 400,000 people over YouTube from New York City’s Radio City Music Hall.
Samsung, Sony To Unveil New Devices September 4: Report
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'