Richard Shepard has boarded WGN America‘s first scripted series, drama Salem, as director and executive producer. Shepard will serve as director and executive producer on the project, part of his deal with 20th Century Fox TV. Salem, from Brannon Braga, Adam Simon and Fox21, is set in the volatile world of 17th century Massachusetts and explores what really fueled the town’s infamous witch trials and dares to uncover the dark, supernatural truth hiding behind the veil of this infamous period in American history. Salem has a 13-episode order and is slated to begin production in the fall in Louisiana for a 2014 premiere. Shepard, repped by WME, Anonymous Content, and Karl Austen, has directed the pilots for Criminal Minds, Ugly Betty (for which he won both an Emmy and a DGA Award), and most recently Golden Boy. His movie Dom Hemingway will premiere at the Toronto Film Festival.
Richard Shepard To Direct & Executive Produce WGN America Drama Series ‘Salem’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest TV News
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize: Report
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Bill Hader
- ‘SNL’ Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars