NBC finished in first place for the night in every key ratings category Tuesday among English-language broadcast networks. America’s Got Talent was top of the pile by a 69% margin in 18-49 (2.2 rating) over the No. 2-ranked broadcast show, ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss (1.3). And yet, following a repeat of the recently renewed Hollywood Game Night, Talent scored its lowest-rated Tuesday telecast ever, –8% from last week. An encore Hollywood Game Night (1.0 at 8 PM) grew in its second half-hour to pull within a tenth of a point of originals of So You Think You Can Dance and Extreme Weight Loss for the 8:30-9 PM half-hour (to a 1.1 vs. 1.2s that half-hour for SYTYCD and EWL). ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss scored its top rating in more than a year in the demo, pulling in a bigger rating then did Fox’s two-hour So You Think You Can Dance for the first time; Dance was down a tenth of a rating point week-to-week. ABC’s fat farm series grew in each half-hour of its telecast, rising by double digits from start to finish in viewers (11%) and in the demo (27%). NBC took primetime with a 1.8 rating and 6.7 million viewers. Fox followed in the demo with a 1.2 rating; CBS finished second among all viewers with 6.3 million tuned in.
Ratings Rat Race: NBC First In Key Demos Tuesday With ‘America’s Got Talent’ And ‘Hollywood Game Night’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Sony Movie Channel Expands Reach With Suddenlink Deal
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'