NBC finished in first place for the night in every key ratings category Tuesday among English-language broadcast networks. America’s Got Talent was top of the pile by a 69% margin in 18-49 (2.2 rating) over the No. 2–ranked broadcast show, ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss (1.3). And yet, following a repeat of the recently renewed Hollywood Game Night, Talent scored its lowest–rated Tuesday telecast ever, –8% from last week. An encore Hollywood Game Night (1.0 at 8 PM) grew in its second half-hour to pull within a tenth of a point of originals of So You Think You Can Dance and Extreme Weight Loss for the 8:30-9 PM half-hour (to a 1.1 vs. 1.2s that half-hour for SYTYCD and EWL). ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss scored its top rating in more than a year in the demo, pulling in a bigger rating then did Fox’s two-hour So You Think You Can Dance for the first time; Dance was down a tenth of a rating point week-to-week. ABC’s fat farm series grew in each half-hour of its telecast, rising by double digits from start to finish in viewers (11%) and in the demo (27%). NBC took primetime with a 1.8 rating and 6.7 million viewers. Fox followed in the demo with a 1.2 rating; CBS finished second among all viewers with 6.3 million tuned in.
Ratings Rat Race: NBC First In Key Demos Tuesday With ‘America’s Got Talent’ And ‘Hollywood Game Night’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring