NBC finished in first place for the night in every key ratings category Tuesday among English-language broadcast networks. America’s Got Talent was top of the pile by a 69% margin in 18-49 (2.2 rating) over the No. 2-ranked broadcast show, ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss (1.3). And yet, following a repeat of the recently renewed Hollywood Game Night, Talent scored its lowest-rated Tuesday telecast ever, –8% from last week. An encore Hollywood Game Night (1.0 at 8 PM) grew in its second half-hour to pull within a tenth of a point of originals of So You Think You Can Dance and Extreme Weight Loss for the 8:30-9 PM half-hour (to a 1.1 vs. 1.2s that half-hour for SYTYCD and EWL). ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss scored its top rating in more than a year in the demo, pulling in a bigger rating then did Fox’s two-hour So You Think You Can Dance for the first time; Dance was down a tenth of a rating point week-to-week. ABC’s fat farm series grew in each half-hour of its telecast, rising by double digits from start to finish in viewers (11%) and in the demo (27%). NBC took primetime with a 1.8 rating and 6.7 million viewers. Fox followed in the demo with a 1.2 rating; CBS finished second among all viewers with 6.3 million tuned in.
Ratings Rat Race: NBC First In Key Demos Tuesday With ‘America’s Got Talent’ And ‘Hollywood Game Night’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'