NBC finished in first place for the night in every key ratings category Tuesday among English-language broadcast networks. America’s Got Talent was top of the pile by a 69% margin in 18-49 (2.2 rating) over the No. 2–ranked broadcast show, ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss (1.3). And yet, following a repeat of the recently renewed Hollywood Game Night, Talent scored its lowest–rated Tuesday telecast ever, –8% from last week. An encore Hollywood Game Night (1.0 at 8 PM) grew in its second half-hour to pull within a tenth of a point of originals of So You Think You Can Dance and Extreme Weight Loss for the 8:30-9 PM half-hour (to a 1.1 vs. 1.2s that half-hour for SYTYCD and EWL). ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss scored its top rating in more than a year in the demo, pulling in a bigger rating then did Fox’s two-hour So You Think You Can Dance for the first time; Dance was down a tenth of a rating point week-to-week. ABC’s fat farm series grew in each half-hour of its telecast, rising by double digits from start to finish in viewers (11%) and in the demo (27%). NBC took primetime with a 1.8 rating and 6.7 million viewers. Fox followed in the demo with a 1.2 rating; CBS finished second among all viewers with 6.3 million tuned in.
Ratings Rat Race: NBC First In Key Demos Tuesday With ‘America’s Got Talent’ And ‘Hollywood Game Night’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two