NBC finished in first place for the night in every key ratings category Tuesday among English-language broadcast networks. America’s Got Talent was top of the pile by a 69% margin in 18-49 (2.2 rating) over the No. 2-ranked broadcast show, ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss (1.3). And yet, following a repeat of the recently renewed Hollywood Game Night, Talent scored its lowest-rated Tuesday telecast ever, –8% from last week. An encore Hollywood Game Night (1.0 at 8 PM) grew in its second half-hour to pull within a tenth of a point of originals of So You Think You Can Dance and Extreme Weight Loss for the 8:30-9 PM half-hour (to a 1.1 vs. 1.2s that half-hour for SYTYCD and EWL). ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss scored its top rating in more than a year in the demo, pulling in a bigger rating then did Fox’s two-hour So You Think You Can Dance for the first time; Dance was down a tenth of a rating point week-to-week. ABC’s fat farm series grew in each half-hour of its telecast, rising by double digits from start to finish in viewers (11%) and in the demo (27%). NBC took primetime with a 1.8 rating and 6.7 million viewers. Fox followed in the demo with a 1.2 rating; CBS finished second among all viewers with 6.3 million tuned in.
Ratings Rat Race: NBC First In Key Demos Tuesday With ‘America’s Got Talent’ And ‘Hollywood Game Night’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates