Raine, the boutique merchant bank that’s a big investor in Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s Important Studios, and which has close ties to WME, has added another media investment to its portfolio. Making its first commitment via new venture arm, Raine Ventures, the company led a $10M Series B funding round for online food network Tastemade. Launched last year, Tastemade has built a network of international cooking shows on its YouTube channel with over 12M viewers in more than 200 countries. It also recently launched an App that allows consumers to create their own one-minute raves about the places and dishes they love and then share them across mobile and social platforms. Raine’s other investments include Vice and online game developer Jagex. In January, it partnered with Chinese fund China Media Capital to invest in the sports, entertainment and digital media sectors.
Raine Group Leads Funding Round For Online Network Tastemade
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest