The man who helmed Clint Eastwood in Hang ‘Em High and Magnum Force, the first Dirty Harry sequel, died Tuesday at UCLA Medical Center in Santa Monica at 95. Ted Post also directed Beneath the Planet of the Apes, but he made his mark on the small screen. The Brooklyn native helmed dozens of TV shows, including 56 episodes of Gunsmoke, 90 of Peyton Place, 54 episodes of Waterfront, 24 of Rawhide — starring a young Eastwood — and four of The Twilight Zone. Starting his career in 1950 on the CBS anthology Danger, Post racked up TV credits including Perry Mason, Combat!, The Rifleman, Thriller, Baretta, Columbo and the 1981 Cagney & Lacey pilot. He also helmed a dozen TV movies, mostly during the 1970s, and nearly as many features. A service is planned for 1 PM Friday at Mount Sinai Memorial Park in LA.
R.I.P. Ted Post
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Toward Future Of Paramount
- ‘Han Solo Star Wars’ Movie Underway: First Look
- SXSW 2017: Bob Odenkirk, Chris Hardwick & Whitney Cummings Among Lineup For Comedy Festival