The man who helmed Clint Eastwood in Hang ‘Em High and Magnum Force, the first Dirty Harry sequel, died Tuesday at UCLA Medical Center in Santa Monica at 95. Ted Post also directed Beneath the Planet of the Apes, but he made his mark on the small screen. The Brooklyn native helmed dozens of TV shows, including 56 episodes of Gunsmoke, 90 of Peyton Place, 54 episodes of Waterfront, 24 of Rawhide — starring a young Eastwood — and four of The Twilight Zone. Starting his career in 1950 on the CBS anthology Danger, Post racked up TV credits including Perry Mason, Combat!, The Rifleman, Thriller, Baretta, Columbo and the 1981 Cagney & Lacey pilot. He also helmed a dozen TV movies, mostly during the 1970s, and nearly as many features. A service is planned for 1 PM Friday at Mount Sinai Memorial Park in LA.
R.I.P. Ted Post
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role