Veteran actor Michael Ansara, known for his role as Kang the Klingon commander on the Star Trek series, has died. Ansara passed away in his Calabasas, CA home on July 31. He was 91 years old. After starting out in TV Westerns like ABC’s Broken Arrow and NBC’s Law of the Plainsman in the 1950s, the Syrian-born Ansara also appeared in films such as 1961’s Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, The Comancheros and 1965’s The Greatest Story Ever Told. He first appeared as Kang on a 1968 episode of the original Star Trek. He went on to play the Klingon on spinoffs Deep Space Nine in 1994 and Voyager in 1996. His other TV credits include I Dream Of Jeannie with former spouse Barbra Eden, Hawaii Five-O, Murder, She Wrote and the Centennial miniseries.
R.I.P. Michael Ansara
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Opens Wednesday Comedy Block With 'Mike & Molly' And '2 Broke Girls', Sets Midseason Premiere Dates
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gets China Release Date; Local Poster Unveiled
- Katniss, ‘Creed’ & ‘Good Dinosaur’ Rule Thanksgiving, But Will ‘Star Wars’ Steal Christmas? – Monday B.O…
- New ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ Teaser: World’s Finest?
- Gotham Awards 2015 Live Blog
- Gotham Awards Winners List (Live)
- Gotham Awards Live Stream – Watch