Veteran actor Michael Ansara, known for his role as Kang the Klingon commander on the Star Trek series, has died. Ansara passed away in his Calabasas, CA home on July 31. He was 91 years old. After starting out in TV Westerns like ABC’s Broken Arrow and NBC’s Law of the Plainsman in the 1950s, the Syrian-born Ansara also appeared in films such as 1961’s Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, The Comancheros and 1965’s The Greatest Story Ever Told. He first appeared as Kang on a 1968 episode of the original Star Trek. He went on to play the Klingon on spinoffs Deep Space Nine in 1994 and Voyager in 1996. His other TV credits include I Dream Of Jeannie with former spouse Barbra Eden, Hawaii Five-O, Murder, She Wrote and the Centennial miniseries.
R.I.P. Michael Ansara
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…