Veteran actor Michael Ansara, known for his role as Kang the Klingon commander on the Star Trek series, has died. Ansara passed away in his Calabasas, CA home on July 31. He was 91 years old. After starting out in TV Westerns like ABC’s Broken Arrow and NBC’s Law of the Plainsman in the 1950s, the Syrian-born Ansara also appeared in films such as 1961’s Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, The Comancheros and 1965’s The Greatest Story Ever Told. He first appeared as Kang on a 1968 episode of the original Star Trek. He went on to play the Klingon on spinoffs Deep Space Nine in 1994 and Voyager in 1996. His other TV credits include I Dream Of Jeannie with former spouse Barbra Eden, Hawaii Five-O, Murder, She Wrote and the Centennial miniseries.
R.I.P. Michael Ansara
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?
- H Collective Lands Aaron W. Sala Horror Spec ‘The Beast’