Veteran actor Michael Ansara, known for his role as Kang the Klingon commander on the Star Trek series, has died. Ansara passed away in his Calabasas, CA home on July 31. He was 91 years old. After starting out in TV Westerns like ABC’s Broken Arrow and NBC’s Law of the Plainsman in the 1950s, the Syrian-born Ansara also appeared in films such as 1961’s Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, The Comancheros and 1965’s The Greatest Story Ever Told. He first appeared as Kang on a 1968 episode of the original Star Trek. He went on to play the Klingon on spinoffs Deep Space Nine in 1994 and Voyager in 1996. His other TV credits include I Dream Of Jeannie with former spouse Barbra Eden, Hawaii Five-O, Murder, She Wrote and the Centennial miniseries.
R.I.P. Michael Ansara
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories