Film and television actress and producer Gail Kobe died yesterday at the age of 82. Her first major film was Cecil B. DeMille’s epic The Ten Commandments in 1956. She went on to appear in dozens of TV shows throughout her career, earning an Emmy nomination for her portrayal of Dr. Anne Warner on the 1960s TV series Dr. Kildare. Her other TV credits include soaps Peyton Place and Bright Promise. She also starred in such TV classics The Twilight Zone, The Fugitive, Bewitched, Hogan’s Heroes, The Mod Squad, Mission Impossible and The Outer Limits and appeared in over 50 Westerns, including, Rawhide, The Virginian, Maverick, Daniel Boone and Gunsmoke. She moved into producing daytime dramas during the 1970s and 80s with credits including Days of Our Lives, Texas, Another World, The Bold And The Beautiful, and Guiding Light, for which she was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award. For the past two years, she resided at the Motion Picture Television Fund Home, where she was very active at Channel 22, organizing the show We’ve Got Mail, among other Fund activities.
R.I.P. Gail Kobe
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises "We Will Turn It Around"; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Latest Film News
- Jim G In Play: Legendary, Sony, Warner Bros.?
- Al Gore Stays Mute On Donald Trump At ‘Inconvenient Sequel’ Sundance Screening
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Weekend Premiere And Press Junket Cancelled Amid Video Controversy
- ‘American Paradise’ Trailer: Sundance Short Is Crime Caper Preview Of Trump’s America
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Trailer Voice-Over Talent Anthony Mendez Joins Protest, Donates All Pay to ASPCA
- ‘Fun Mom Dinner’ Racks Up Near $5M In WW Deals As Momentum & Netflix Buy Sundance Film