Veteran acting coach Ivan Markota, whose clients included Breaking Bad‘s Bryan Cranston and Law & Order‘s Mariska Hargitay, died August 6 of natural causes at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. He was 86. Markota was CEO of Van Mar Academy of Motion Picture & Television Acting, which he opened in 1967. A former actor himself, Markota studied at 22 schools and workshops before deciding to open Van Mar. His credits include the 1960s TV series Land Of The Giants and feature films Waxwork II: Lost In Time (1992) and In Like Flint (1967). Markota’s other students included Sherri Shepherd, T.K. Carter, Rick Dees, Miguel Nunez, John Larroquette, Traci Lords, Denice Duff, Glenn Withrow, Walter Olkewicz, Casper Van Dien, Stephen Nichols, and Mary Hart.
R.I.P. Acting Coach Ivan Markota
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'