Veteran acting coach Ivan Markota, whose clients included Breaking Bad‘s Bryan Cranston and Law & Order‘s Mariska Hargitay, died August 6 of natural causes at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. He was 86. Markota was CEO of Van Mar Academy of Motion Picture & Television Acting, which he opened in 1967. A former actor himself, Markota studied at 22 schools and workshops before deciding to open Van Mar. His credits include the 1960s TV series Land Of The Giants and feature films Waxwork II: Lost In Time (1992) and In Like Flint (1967). Markota’s other students included Sherri Shepherd, T.K. Carter, Rick Dees, Miguel Nunez, John Larroquette, Traci Lords, Denice Duff, Glenn Withrow, Walter Olkewicz, Casper Van Dien, Stephen Nichols, and Mary Hart.
R.I.P. Acting Coach Ivan Markota
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer