Amazon Studios seems to be gearing up for its next batch of scripted pilots, which is expected to feature both comedy and drama projects. The company already has greenlighted drama pilot Bosch, a police procedural based on Michael Connelly‘s novels about Harry Bosch, and Jill Soloway’s comedy pilot Transparent starring Jefferey Tambor. I hear there are several other projects that are zeroing in on a pickup. That includes The After, a drama from Chris Carter and Georgeville TV set at the moment of apocalypse. The X Files creator is set to write and direct. I hear comedy The Outlaws, written by Jeremy Garelick and Jon Weinbach, is eying an October start date contingent on locking in a director. Ice Cube, Matt Alvarez, Kevin Iwashina, Ross Dinerstein, Michael Strahan, Constance Schwartz, Garelick and Weinbach executive produce the project, which focuses on an NFL team whose owner suddenly dies, leaving his wife and his assistant in charge. Also in contention are Mozart in the Jungle, co-written by Roman Coppola, Jason Schwartzman and Alex Timbers and produced by Michael Zakin, which explores New York City’s classical music scene; and Koolhaus, from David Brendel, Tim Nye and Cineflix, which centers on a duo of art dealers who double as CIA agents. In addition to Bosch and Transparent, which have not been officially announced, Amazon also recently greenlighted five new kids pilot. In its first-ever pilot orders in April, the company picked up 6 kids and 8 comedy pilots, five of which — 3 kids and 2 comedy — went to series to stream later this year and in early 2014.
Projects From Chris Carter, Ice Cube, Jason Schwartzman Heat Up For Amazon Orders
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Soft, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong, 'Sleepy…
- Finnish Fantasy Series 'Nymphs' To Be Adapted By Entertainment One Television
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy