EXCLUSIVE: Starz has entered into a first-look deal with feature producer Mark Canton (300 franchise). Under the pact, Canton will focus on developing and producing original programming for the pay cable network. Canton is already in business with Starz, serving as an executive producer on the upcoming eight-episode drama series, Power. Created by Courtney Kemp-Agboh, exec produced by Kemp-Agboh, Canton, Curtis “50” Cent Jackson, Randall Emmett and David Knoller and co-produced by CBS TV Studios, Power tells the story of a wealthy New York City nightclub owner living a double life as the drug kingpin. “Mark’s success making breakthrough entertainment is singular, and we look forward to our partnership,” Starz managing director Carmi Zlotnik said. With its striking visual style, the Canton-produced 300 has influenced a slew of other productions, including Starz’s hit series Spartacus. “Chris Albrecht and his team at Starz have given me the opportunity to jump head first into the episodic television arena, with a mandate to bring exciting, powerful audience-pleasing programming to the network,” Canton said. “I appreciate their confidence in me, and am looking forward to a long and successful relationship with them in the years ahead.” Canton, repped by attorneys Jacob Bloom and Leigh Brecheen, will work on projects for Starz with David Hopwood, SVP at Canton’s Atmosphere Entertainment.
Producer Mark Canton Inks First Look Deal With Starz
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams