EXCLUSIVE: Starz has entered into a first-look deal with feature producer Mark Canton (300 franchise). Under the pact, Canton will focus on developing and producing original programming for the pay cable network. Canton is already in business with Starz, serving as an executive producer on the upcoming eight-episode drama series, Power. Created by Courtney Kemp-Agboh, exec produced by Kemp-Agboh, Canton, Curtis “50” Cent Jackson, Randall Emmett and David Knoller and co-produced by CBS TV Studios, Power tells the story of a wealthy New York City nightclub owner living a double life as the drug kingpin. “Mark’s success making breakthrough entertainment is singular, and we look forward to our partnership,” Starz managing director Carmi Zlotnik said. With its striking visual style, the Canton-produced 300 has influenced a slew of other productions, including Starz’s hit series Spartacus. “Chris Albrecht and his team at Starz have given me the opportunity to jump head first into the episodic television arena, with a mandate to bring exciting, powerful audience-pleasing programming to the network,” Canton said. “I appreciate their confidence in me, and am looking forward to a long and successful relationship with them in the years ahead.” Canton, repped by attorneys Jacob Bloom and Leigh Brecheen, will work on projects for Starz with David Hopwood, SVP at Canton’s Atmosphere Entertainment.
Producer Mark Canton Inks First Look Deal With Starz
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Now Even, ‘Big Bang’ Up, ‘Mom’ & Game Of Silence’ Adjusted Down In Final Numbers…
- The A.V. Club Sets Up At Fusion; Weekly Show To Bow This Year
- NFL Draft Day 1 Viewership Down From 2015; ‘Big Bang Theory’ Wins Demo
- Ryan Reynolds Pens Moving Tribute To ‘Deadpool’ Fan Who Died Of Cancer
- Elisabeth Moss To Star In Straight-To-Series Drama ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ On Hulu
- Joy Reid Takes Melissa Harris-Perry’s MSNBC Timeslot Starting May 7