EXCLUSIVE: The cast of Michael Almereyda’s Shakespeare adaptation continues to grow. Ethan Hawke and Ed Harris will now be joined by Penn Badgley in Cymbeline. The former Gossip Girl and Greetings From Tim Buckley actor will play the orphan Posthumus. For those familiar with the original play, the character secretly marries the daughter of King Cymbeline and is banished by the monarch who raised Posthumus as a son. Warfare follows, to put it mildly. Harris will play Cymbeline himself in this modernized biker gang and dirty cops version. Anthony Katagas is producing Cymbeline for Keep Your Head Productions alongside Michael Benaroya, who is producing and financing through his Benaroya Pictures banner. Benaroya’s Ben Sachs is the pic’s exec producer. Cymbeline joins Parts Per Billion on Badgley’s dance card. The actor joined the Brian Horiuchi-directed and -written drama with Frank Langella, Gena Rowlands, Rosario Dawson, Josh Hartnett and Hill Harper late last year. Badgley is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content.
Penn Badgley Added To Shakespeare Adaptation ‘Cymbeline’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit