BREAKING: Paramount Pictures has split up two movies that figure to pack a merchandising punch. The studio just moved from June 6, 2014 to August 8 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Nickelodeon Movies/Platinum Dunes franchise re-launch. Why the shell game that moves the picture into the back end of the summer? It’s because Paramount has its Transformers movie slated for June 27. That will likely move to June 25 as traditionally the studio has opened these Michael Bay films on the Wednesday of that week. Both of these have involved campaigns and a big merchandising component, and it was thought the studio would be better off spacing the two toy-tied films further apart than the 19 days it was looking at in the original scheduling configuration. Of course, this puts TMNT just one week away from Marvel Studio’s next superhero franchise launch Guardians Of The Galaxy, which opens August 1. That is ballsy of Paramount.
Paramount Moves ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ To August 8, 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
- On Eve Of AT&T-DOJ Trial, Media Business Weighs The Stakes
- Melina Kanakaredes To Co-Write & Produce Film Based On Life Of ‘On Death & Dying’ Author Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- Kyra Sedgwick, Jeffrey Donovan Join Dark Comedy Film ‘Villains’
- Triple Threat Alexandria Bombach Signs With UTA
- Tessa Thompson Joins Sony’s ‘Men In Black’ Offshoot