EXCLUSIVE: Paradigm certainly has more than snapshots to show from its trip to Sweden. A day after announcing the signing of Easy Money screenwriter Maria Karlsson, the agency has inked local comic actress Josephine Bornebusch. Along with her regular role on the popular Swedish sitcom Solsidan, she stars in the upcoming Swedish-American series Welcome To Sweden, the first project from Amy Poehler and Greg Poehler’s production company Syskon. That English-language show stars Greg Poehler as a New York accountant who falls in love with a Swedish girl (Bornebusch) and follows his heart to Sweden. The eOne-distributed comedy will air on Sweden’s TV4 and is seeking a U.S. home. “There is a lot of exciting talent in the region that translates globally,” said Paradigm senior agent Ken Stovitz. “Josephine is a brilliant comedienne, and it is obvious why she is the most famous actress of her generation in Sweden. We believe that Josephine is going to be a major star globally.” Bornebusch’s credits include the 2013 features Crestfallen and Love And Lemons, and TV’s Playa Del Sol and Rederiet. She is additionally repped by Agentfirman in Europe.
Paradigm Signs Swedish Comedy Star Josephine Bornebusch
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Poised For $460M+ In Profit; ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Surprises – Box Office Update
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings