EXCLUSIVE: Paradigm certainly has more than snapshots to show from its trip to Sweden. A day after announcing the signing of Easy Money screenwriter Maria Karlsson, the agency has inked local comic actress Josephine Bornebusch. Along with her regular role on the popular Swedish sitcom Solsidan, she stars in the upcoming Swedish-American series Welcome To Sweden, the first project from Amy Poehler and Greg Poehler’s production company Syskon. That English-language show stars Greg Poehler as a New York accountant who falls in love with a Swedish girl (Bornebusch) and follows his heart to Sweden. The eOne-distributed comedy will air on Sweden’s TV4 and is seeking a U.S. home. “There is a lot of exciting talent in the region that translates globally,” said Paradigm senior agent Ken Stovitz. “Josephine is a brilliant comedienne, and it is obvious why she is the most famous actress of her generation in Sweden. We believe that Josephine is going to be a major star globally.” Bornebusch’s credits include the 2013 features Crestfallen and Love And Lemons, and TV’s Playa Del Sol and Rederiet. She is additionally repped by Agentfirman in Europe.
Paradigm Signs Swedish Comedy Star Josephine Bornebusch
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal
- Utkarsh Ambudkar Joins ‘Barbershop 3′
- ‘A Walk In The Woods’ Trailer: Redford & Nolte Take A Hike
- Ex-Focus Head James Schamus Resurfaces In China First Look With Meridian Entertainment
- Jason Reitman Takes On ‘Beekle’ Book Adaptation For DreamWorks Animation