EXCLUSIVE: Paradigm certainly has more than snapshots to show from its trip to Sweden. A day after announcing the signing of Easy Money screenwriter Maria Karlsson, the agency has inked local comic actress Josephine Bornebusch. Along with her regular role on the popular Swedish sitcom Solsidan, she stars in the upcoming Swedish-American series Welcome To Sweden, the first project from Amy Poehler and Greg Poehler’s production company Syskon. That English-language show stars Greg Poehler as a New York accountant who falls in love with a Swedish girl (Bornebusch) and follows his heart to Sweden. The eOne-distributed comedy will air on Sweden’s TV4 and is seeking a U.S. home. “There is a lot of exciting talent in the region that translates globally,” said Paradigm senior agent Ken Stovitz. “Josephine is a brilliant comedienne, and it is obvious why she is the most famous actress of her generation in Sweden. We believe that Josephine is going to be a major star globally.” Bornebusch’s credits include the 2013 features Crestfallen and Love And Lemons, and TV’s Playa Del Sol and Rederiet. She is additionally repped by Agentfirman in Europe.
Paradigm Signs Swedish Comedy Star Josephine Bornebusch
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reacts, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016