Just under two months after they ordered 16 more episodes of the freshman Tyler Perry-produced drama The Haves And The Have Nots, OWN today doubled the episodes it wants for his other show Love Thy Neighbor. The network has ordered 26 new episodes of the family restaurant comedy to a total of 52 for the season. With the current cycle of Love Thy Neighbor wrapping up tonight with a two-episode finale, the new episodes are scheduled to debut in January 2014. The series debuted on May 29 to the second strongest ratings in OWN’s history. It has averaged more than 1 million viewers a week with a 0.88 rating among adults 25-54. At the same time as OWN doubled its Love Thy Neighbor order, they also added another four episodes of The Haves And The Have Nots to the 16 additional episodes of the drama they ordered in late June. The Haves And The Have Nots was the biggest debut in OWN’s short history when it premiered on May 28. Today’s new episodes brings the Tyler Perry Studios-produced property up to 36 ordered episodes. The Have And Have Nots’ initial 16-episode order will run to September 3, with the newly ordered episodes to air in early 2014.
OWN Doubles Order For Tyler Perry’s ‘Love Thy Neighbor’ & Adds More ‘Have And Have Nots’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh
- CBS Developing ‘Under Suspicion’ Book Series Adaptation From John Glenn