Just under two months after they ordered 16 more episodes of the freshman Tyler Perry-produced drama The Haves And The Have Nots, OWN today doubled the episodes it wants for his other show Love Thy Neighbor. The network has ordered 26 new episodes of the family restaurant comedy to a total of 52 for the season. With the current cycle of Love Thy Neighbor wrapping up tonight with a two-episode finale, the new episodes are scheduled to debut in January 2014. The series debuted on May 29 to the second strongest ratings in OWN’s history. It has averaged more than 1 million viewers a week with a 0.88 rating among adults 25-54. At the same time as OWN doubled its Love Thy Neighbor order, they also added another four episodes of The Haves And The Have Nots to the 16 additional episodes of the drama they ordered in late June. The Haves And The Have Nots was the biggest debut in OWN’s short history when it premiered on May 28. Today’s new episodes brings the Tyler Perry Studios-produced property up to 36 ordered episodes. The Have And Have Nots’ initial 16-episode order will run to September 3, with the newly ordered episodes to air in early 2014.
OWN Doubles Order For Tyler Perry’s ‘Love Thy Neighbor’ & Adds More ‘Have And Have Nots’
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
'Fresh Off The Boat' Inches Up As Fox Comedies & 'The Muppets' Drop; The CW Fall Kickoff OK With 'The Flash', 'iZombie'
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’: Lady Gaga Has Invite For Season 6
- ABC Developing ‘The Homefront’ Family Comedy From Todd Holland
- ‘Sherlock’ Victorian Special Trailer: What A Difference A Century-Plus Makes – Or Does It?
- Jimmy Fallon Books John Boehner For ‘Tonight Show’ As Pol Guests Suddenly Sexy
- ‘Red Oaks’ Review: Amazon’s 1985-Set Coming-Of-Age Comedy Is A Grand Slam
- Kevin Corcoran Dies: ‘Old Yeller’ Actor And TV Producer Was 66