Oscilloscope has acquired North American rights to Dan Krauss’s war docu The Kill Team, which premiered earlier this year at the Tribeca Film Festival and went on to nab the fest’s Grand Jury Prize for Best Documentary. The Kill Team tracks the story of Private Adam Winfield, a soldier in Afghanistan who attempted to blow the whistle on war crimes within his platoon, to no avail. Motto Pictures’ Julie Goldman exec produced alongside Deborah Hoffman, with Linda Davis producing. The Kill Team also hit the fest circuit at at HotDocs and AFI Docs and won the jury prize at the San Francisco International Film Festival. Oscilloscope will release the film in 2014.
Oscilloscope Acquires Tribeca Winning Doc ‘The Kill Team’
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest Film News
- BAFTA Awards: What Does The Big ‘Revenant’ Victory Mean For Oscar?
- ‘The Big Short’ “Go Big” TV Spot: Oscar Campaign Ad Focuses On Film’s Political Mission
- BAFTA Awards: ‘The Revenant’ Tops Night With Best Film Win; Much Love For ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’
- First Oscars Handed Out As Academy Presents Sci-Tech Awards In Lively Ceremony
- Michael Moore’s ‘Where To Invade Next’ Tops Slow Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- BAFTA Awards Live Blog