Oscilloscope has acquired North American rights to Dan Krauss’s war docu The Kill Team, which premiered earlier this year at the Tribeca Film Festival and went on to nab the fest’s Grand Jury Prize for Best Documentary. The Kill Team tracks the story of Private Adam Winfield, a soldier in Afghanistan who attempted to blow the whistle on war crimes within his platoon, to no avail. Motto Pictures’ Julie Goldman exec produced alongside Deborah Hoffman, with Linda Davis producing. The Kill Team also hit the fest circuit at at HotDocs and AFI Docs and won the jury prize at the San Francisco International Film Festival. Oscilloscope will release the film in 2014.
Oscilloscope Acquires Tribeca Winning Doc ‘The Kill Team’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company
- Ghost-Hunter Drama Set To Haunt BBC America & BBC One