Oscilloscope has acquired North American rights to Dan Krauss’s war docu The Kill Team, which premiered earlier this year at the Tribeca Film Festival and went on to nab the fest’s Grand Jury Prize for Best Documentary. The Kill Team tracks the story of Private Adam Winfield, a soldier in Afghanistan who attempted to blow the whistle on war crimes within his platoon, to no avail. Motto Pictures’ Julie Goldman exec produced alongside Deborah Hoffman, with Linda Davis producing. The Kill Team also hit the fest circuit at at HotDocs and AFI Docs and won the jury prize at the San Francisco International Film Festival. Oscilloscope will release the film in 2014.
Oscilloscope Acquires Tribeca Winning Doc ‘The Kill Team’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Team
- National Geographic Channel Orders Series On Alaskan Log-Rafting From Gurney Productions
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'
- Ben Affleck On 'Daily Show': Jon Stewart “Spoils” 'Gone Girl' & 'Batman Vs. Superman' (Video)
- GLAAD TV Report: ABC Family, HBO, MTV “Excellent”; A&E, History, TNT Fail
- PBS And CBS Dominate News & Documentary Emmys
- Greg Ellis Signs With Gersh; Pantheon Signs J.C. Chasez, Chris Payne Gilbert