Oscilloscope Laboratories acquired North American rights to Matt Wolf-directed Teenage, based on Jon Savage‘s best-selling book Teenage: The Pre-History Of Youth Culture 1875-1945. Teenage world premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival and went on to screen at Hot Docs and AFI Docs, among others. O-scope is planning a heavy festival run prior to its 2014 release in theaters and across all other platforms. The film is a living collage of rare archival material, filmed portraits, and voices, provided by Jena Malone, Ben Whishaw, Julia Hummer, and Jessie Usher, lifted from early 20th century diary entries. Bradford Cox (Deerhunter, Atlas Sound) wrote the score. Teenage was produced by Ben Howe and Kyle Martin and executive produced by Philipp Engelhorn, Michael Raisler and Jason Schwartzman.
Oscilloscope Acquires North American Rights To ‘Teenage’
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Explodes At The B.O.: Top 20 Pics +104% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $73M 5-Day - Friday Night Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First