Oscilloscope Laboratories acquired North American rights to Matt Wolf-directed Teenage, based on Jon Savage‘s best-selling book Teenage: The Pre-History Of Youth Culture 1875-1945. Teenage world premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival and went on to screen at Hot Docs and AFI Docs, among others. O-scope is planning a heavy festival run prior to its 2014 release in theaters and across all other platforms. The film is a living collage of rare archival material, filmed portraits, and voices, provided by Jena Malone, Ben Whishaw, Julia Hummer, and Jessie Usher, lifted from early 20th century diary entries. Bradford Cox (Deerhunter, Atlas Sound) wrote the score. Teenage was produced by Ben Howe and Kyle Martin and executive produced by Philipp Engelhorn, Michael Raisler and Jason Schwartzman.
Oscilloscope Acquires North American Rights To ‘Teenage’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company