Oscilloscope Laboratories acquired North American rights to Matt Wolf-directed Teenage, based on Jon Savage‘s best-selling book Teenage: The Pre-History Of Youth Culture 1875-1945. Teenage world premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival and went on to screen at Hot Docs and AFI Docs, among others. O-scope is planning a heavy festival run prior to its 2014 release in theaters and across all other platforms. The film is a living collage of rare archival material, filmed portraits, and voices, provided by Jena Malone, Ben Whishaw, Julia Hummer, and Jessie Usher, lifted from early 20th century diary entries. Bradford Cox (Deerhunter, Atlas Sound) wrote the score. Teenage was produced by Ben Howe and Kyle Martin and executive produced by Philipp Engelhorn, Michael Raisler and Jason Schwartzman.
Oscilloscope Acquires North American Rights To ‘Teenage’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions