Omari Hardwick (Dark Blue) has landed the lead in Starz‘s drama series Power, from CBS TV Studios and executive producers Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Mark Canton and Randall Emmett. Created/executive produced by Courtney Kemp Agboh, Power, which has an eight-episode order, tells the story of James “Ghost” St. Patrick (Hardwick), a wealthy New York City nightclub owner who wants to build an empire, turn the club into a Fortune 500 business, but there’s just one problem: Ghost is living a double life as the kingpin of the most lucrative drug network in New York. His marriage, family and business all become unknowingly threatened as he is tempted to leave his criminal life behind and become the rags-to-riches businessman he wants to be most of all. “When we met Omari, we knew he had all the tools needed to play such a complicated and complex character,“ said Starz Managing Director Carmi Zlotnik. Hardwick, repped by Innovative and 3 Arts, has appeared in features The A-Team and Kick-Ass.
Omari Hardwick To Star In Starz Drama ‘Power’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate