Omari Hardwick (Dark Blue) has landed the lead in Starz‘s drama series Power, from CBS TV Studios and executive producers Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Mark Canton and Randall Emmett. Created/executive produced by Courtney Kemp Agboh, Power, which has an eight-episode order, tells the story of James “Ghost” St. Patrick (Hardwick), a wealthy New York City nightclub owner who wants to build an empire, turn the club into a Fortune 500 business, but there’s just one problem: Ghost is living a double life as the kingpin of the most lucrative drug network in New York. His marriage, family and business all become unknowingly threatened as he is tempted to leave his criminal life behind and become the rags-to-riches businessman he wants to be most of all. “When we met Omari, we knew he had all the tools needed to play such a complicated and complex character,“ said Starz Managing Director Carmi Zlotnik. Hardwick, repped by Innovative and 3 Arts, has appeared in features The A-Team and Kick-Ass.
Omari Hardwick To Star In Starz Drama ‘Power’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed