Omari Hardwick (Dark Blue) has landed the lead in Starz‘s drama series Power, from CBS TV Studios and executive producers Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Mark Canton and Randall Emmett. Created/executive produced by Courtney Kemp Agboh, Power, which has an eight-episode order, tells the story of James “Ghost” St. Patrick (Hardwick), a wealthy New York City nightclub owner who wants to build an empire, turn the club into a Fortune 500 business, but there’s just one problem: Ghost is living a double life as the kingpin of the most lucrative drug network in New York. His marriage, family and business all become unknowingly threatened as he is tempted to leave his criminal life behind and become the rags-to-riches businessman he wants to be most of all. “When we met Omari, we knew he had all the tools needed to play such a complicated and complex character,“ said Starz Managing Director Carmi Zlotnik. Hardwick, repped by Innovative and 3 Arts, has appeared in features The A-Team and Kick-Ass.
Omari Hardwick To Star In Starz Drama ‘Power’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'