EXCLUSIVE: The Newsroom actress soon could be added to the cast of the adaptation of Kyril Bonfigloi’s anti-hero art dealer novels. I’ve learned Olivia Munn is in negotiations to join Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow and Ewan McGregor in the David Koepp-directed Mortdecai. Details are sketchy about Munn’s potential role in the Lionsgate thriller, but it’s doubtful that she’ll be playing the Jock Strapp character, Mortdecai’s long-suffering manservant in the books. Eric Aronson wrote the script for the film from Bonfigloi’s 1970s work with Depp playing the roguish Charlie Mordecai. Besides her role as business journalist Sloan Sabbith on Newsroom, Aaron Sorkin sophomore HBO drama, the former Daily Show correspondent is also in the upcoming Jerry Bruckheimer-produced horror crime film Beware The Night with Eric Bana. Munn is repped by CAA and Mosaic.
Olivia Munn In Talks To Join Johnny Depp In ‘Mortdecai’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts