EXCLUSIVE: The Newsroom actress soon could be added to the cast of the adaptation of Kyril Bonfigloi’s anti-hero art dealer novels. I’ve learned Olivia Munn is in negotiations to join Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow and Ewan McGregor in the David Koepp-directed Mortdecai. Details are sketchy about Munn’s potential role in the Lionsgate thriller, but it’s doubtful that she’ll be playing the Jock Strapp character, Mortdecai’s long-suffering manservant in the books. Eric Aronson wrote the script for the film from Bonfigloi’s 1970s work with Depp playing the roguish Charlie Mordecai. Besides her role as business journalist Sloan Sabbith on Newsroom, Aaron Sorkin sophomore HBO drama, the former Daily Show correspondent is also in the upcoming Jerry Bruckheimer-produced horror crime film Beware The Night with Eric Bana. Munn is repped by CAA and Mosaic.
Olivia Munn In Talks To Join Johnny Depp In ‘Mortdecai’
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First