President Obama will sit down for an interview with PBS NewsHour today after delivering his speech at the Lincoln Memorial, at which he’s expected to be asked about U.S. plans to target Syrian military sites as early as tomorrow. In the interview, which will follow his speech commemorating the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, Obama will reflect on civil rights five decades after the historic march, but is also expected to make headlines, taking questions from co-anchors Gwen Ifill and Judy Woodruff about officials’ statements this week on Syria. The interview will air in full on NewsHour from the White House.
Obama Picks PBS For Questions After March On Washington Anniversary Speech
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Charles Manson Novel 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance