EXCLUSIVE: Waitress producer Michael Roiff and his Night & Day Pictures banner have teamed with investment banker Michael Gelmon’s Rockford Entertainment on a joint venture that will produce and finance six low budget films per year, starting in 2014. Texas-based investment firm Anubis Partners has agreed to fund a half dozen yearly features budgeted between $1M and $2M. Production on the first feature will begin in first quarter 2014. Their kickoff feature is expected to be announced in the next month. As for distribution plans, Roiff tells Deadline he’ll follow the festival sales strategy that saw Waitress picked up by Fox Searchlight out of Sundance. Another of his higher profile indies, Save the Date, landed a deal with IFC after debuting in Park City. Night & Day’s upcoming slate includes Joss Whedon‘s In Your Eyes, Lovesick starring Matt LeBlanc, and comedy Larry Gaye: Renegade Male Flight Attendant.
Night & Day Pictures, Rockford Entertainment Ink 6-Film Financing Deal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Yamato
- Hot Fantastic Fest Trailer: 'Felt'
- Pauly Shore Documentary Acquired By Showtime
- Anthony Hopkins Boards Pacific Northwest Thriller 'Go With Me'
- Tom Sizemore Launches Crowdfunding Campaign For Detroit-Set Thriller He'll Star In & Produce
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'