EXCLUSIVE: Waitress producer Michael Roiff and his Night & Day Pictures banner have teamed with investment banker Michael Gelmon’s Rockford Entertainment on a joint venture that will produce and finance six low budget films per year, starting in 2014. Texas-based investment firm Anubis Partners has agreed to fund a half dozen yearly features budgeted between $1M and $2M. Production on the first feature will begin in first quarter 2014. Their kickoff feature is expected to be announced in the next month. As for distribution plans, Roiff tells Deadline he’ll follow the festival sales strategy that saw Waitress picked up by Fox Searchlight out of Sundance. Another of his higher profile indies, Save the Date, landed a deal with IFC after debuting in Park City. Night & Day’s upcoming slate includes Joss Whedon‘s In Your Eyes, Lovesick starring Matt LeBlanc, and comedy Larry Gaye: Renegade Male Flight Attendant.
Night & Day Pictures, Rockford Entertainment Ink 6-Film Financing Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'