EXCLUSIVE: Waitress producer Michael Roiff and his Night & Day Pictures banner have teamed with investment banker Michael Gelmon’s Rockford Entertainment on a joint venture that will produce and finance six low budget films per year, starting in 2014. Texas-based investment firm Anubis Partners has agreed to fund a half dozen yearly features budgeted between $1M and $2M. Production on the first feature will begin in first quarter 2014. Their kickoff feature is expected to be announced in the next month. As for distribution plans, Roiff tells Deadline he’ll follow the festival sales strategy that saw Waitress picked up by Fox Searchlight out of Sundance. Another of his higher profile indies, Save the Date, landed a deal with IFC after debuting in Park City. Night & Day’s upcoming slate includes Joss Whedon‘s In Your Eyes, Lovesick starring Matt LeBlanc, and comedy Larry Gaye: Renegade Male Flight Attendant.
Night & Day Pictures, Rockford Entertainment Ink 6-Film Financing Deal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'