EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Nickelodeon is not moving forward with freshman comedy series Wendell & Vinnie. The sitcom starring Jerry Trainor premiered in February. It was originally going to be paired with Nick at Nite’s See Dad Run on Sunday nights but was launched on Saturday instead. It then was moved around the schedule a couple of times and, 14 episodes into the show’s 20-episode order, Wendell & Vinnie was pulled. Nickelodeon had indicated its plan was to relaunch the series in September around other originals and it even ordered backup scripts, but the network ultimately decided to cancel the series. It is unclear whether the six remaining episodes will air.
Nickelodeon’s ‘Wendell & Vinnie’ Cancelled
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President
- Bill O’Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: “This Was A Hit Job”…
- Senator McCain Salutes ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News And Deceiving The American People”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television