EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Nickelodeon is not moving forward with freshman comedy series Wendell & Vinnie. The sitcom starring Jerry Trainor premiered in February. It was originally going to be paired with Nick at Nite’s See Dad Run on Sunday nights but was launched on Saturday instead. It then was moved around the schedule a couple of times and, 14 episodes into the show’s 20-episode order, Wendell & Vinnie was pulled. Nickelodeon had indicated its plan was to relaunch the series in September around other originals and it even ordered backup scripts, but the network ultimately decided to cancel the series. It is unclear whether the six remaining episodes will air.
Nickelodeon’s ‘Wendell & Vinnie’ Cancelled
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Where To Watch: ‘March For Our Lives’ Anti-Gun Rallies Take Over Media & World Stages
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49