EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Nickelodeon is not moving forward with freshman comedy series Wendell & Vinnie. The sitcom starring Jerry Trainor premiered in February. It was originally going to be paired with Nick at Nite’s See Dad Run on Sunday nights but was launched on Saturday instead. It then was moved around the schedule a couple of times and, 14 episodes into the show’s 20-episode order, Wendell & Vinnie was pulled. Nickelodeon had indicated its plan was to relaunch the series in September around other originals and it even ordered backup scripts, but the network ultimately decided to cancel the series. It is unclear whether the six remaining episodes will air.
Nickelodeon’s ‘Wendell & Vinnie’ Cancelled
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate