EXCLUSIVE: Tia Mowry-Hardrict, star of NickMom’s upcoming comedy series Instant Mom, and the show’s executive producer Aaron Kaplan are expanding their relationship with Nickelodeon. The two have sold an untitled Drill Sergeant comedy project to the flagship Nickelodeon channel. Loosely based on Mowry-Hardrict’s upbringing, the comedy revolves around a 12-year-old girl who lives on an Army base with her drill sergeant mother. Dan Kopelman (Rules Of Engagement) will pen the script and executive produce with Mowry-Hardrict and Kaplan through his Kapital Entertainment. In addition to InstantMom, Kaplan also executive produces the Nickelodeon series Wendell & Vinnie, which premiered earlier this year.
Nickelodeon Teams With Tia Mowry & Aaron Kaplan For Comedy Inspired By Mowry’s Life
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres