EXCLUSIVE: Tia Mowry-Hardrict, star of NickMom’s upcoming comedy series Instant Mom, and the show’s executive producer Aaron Kaplan are expanding their relationship with Nickelodeon. The two have sold an untitled Drill Sergeant comedy project to the flagship Nickelodeon channel. Loosely based on Mowry-Hardrict’s upbringing, the comedy revolves around a 12-year-old girl who lives on an Army base with her drill sergeant mother. Dan Kopelman (Rules Of Engagement) will pen the script and executive produce with Mowry-Hardrict and Kaplan through his Kapital Entertainment. In addition to InstantMom, Kaplan also executive produces the Nickelodeon series Wendell & Vinnie, which premiered earlier this year.
Nickelodeon Teams With Tia Mowry & Aaron Kaplan For Comedy Inspired By Mowry’s Life
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'