EXCLUSIVE: Tia Mowry-Hardrict, star of NickMom’s upcoming comedy series Instant Mom, and the show’s executive producer Aaron Kaplan are expanding their relationship with Nickelodeon. The two have sold an untitled Drill Sergeant comedy project to the flagship Nickelodeon channel. Loosely based on Mowry-Hardrict’s upbringing, the comedy revolves around a 12-year-old girl who lives on an Army base with her drill sergeant mother. Dan Kopelman (Rules Of Engagement) will pen the script and executive produce with Mowry-Hardrict and Kaplan through his Kapital Entertainment. In addition to InstantMom, Kaplan also executive produces the Nickelodeon series Wendell & Vinnie, which premiered earlier this year.
Nickelodeon Teams With Tia Mowry & Aaron Kaplan For Comedy Inspired By Mowry’s Life
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel