NBC Sports Network was known as Versus until the beginning of last year, and is about to adopt a new name: NBCSN. It will be a gradual transition, with new graphics and references phased in leading up to the 2014 Sochi Olympics in February. But the company says that it will “significantly increase” the effort beginning Saturday with its coverage of the Premier League soccer match between Liverpool and Stoke City. NBCSN will be used as the “primary mark” for the network. “This is a natural evolution from the longer channel name to the acronym, as NBCSN is streamlined visually and a faster read,” says NBC Sports Group CMO John Miller. Viewers will see an image that says “NBC Sports Network” dissolve into the new logo, with an NBCSN voiceover. “By the Winter Olympics in February, the transformation will be complete, and the Games will be used to solidify NBCSN as the network’s name and brand,” Miller says. At that point the full name, NBC Sports Network, will only be seen from time to time. The Saturday rebranding initiative comes the same weekend that 21st Century Fox introduces Fox Sports 1.
NBC Sports Network To Up Rebranding Effort During Premier League Games
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Lieberman
- Will Redbox's 25% Price Hike For DVD Rentals Hurt Its Bargain Image?
- Exhibitors Agree To “Landmark” ADA Compromise On Closed Captioning
- Court Blocks FCC On Content Deals, Cutting Outsiders' Access To Program Terms
- Turner Networks, Including CNN, Return To Dish Network
- Norman Lear Nixes 'All In The Family' Reboot For Sony--For Now
- Aereo Files For Bankruptcy Protection