EXCLUSIVE: 30 Rock creator/co-showrunner Tina Fey and co-showrunner Robert Carlock are back in business together and with NBC, backing another female-centered workplace project by a young female comedy writer. NBC has bought an untitled comedy from 30 Rock writer-producer Colleen McGuinness, which is being executive produced by Fey and Carlock through Universal Television, where both are based. Written and executive produced by McGuinness, the project, said to be in the vein of Cheers, is a character-driven workplace comedy where a young woman in search of reconnecting with her father finds a new home and family on Fire Island. This marks the first project from Fey’s Little Stranger production company under the four-year deal she inked with Uni TV last fall. WME-repped McGuinness joined 30 Rock during Season 6 and shared in the series’ WGA nomination earlier this year. Before that, she worked on NBC drama Mercy. In its last hurrah at the Emmys, 30 Rock, which wrapped its seven-year run in January, received 13 nominations, more than any other comedy, including for best comedy series.
NBC Nabs Comedy Produced By ‘30 Rock’s Tina Fey & Robert Carlock
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years