EXCLUSIVE: 30 Rock creator/co-showrunner Tina Fey and co-showrunner Robert Carlock are back in business together and with NBC, backing another female-centered workplace project by a young female comedy writer. NBC has bought an untitled comedy from 30 Rock writer-producer Colleen McGuinness, which is being executive produced by Fey and Carlock through Universal Television, where both are based. Written and executive produced by McGuinness, the project, said to be in the vein of Cheers, is a character-driven workplace comedy where a young woman in search of reconnecting with her father finds a new home and family on Fire Island. This marks the first project from Fey’s Little Stranger production company under the four-year deal she inked with Uni TV last fall. WME-repped McGuinness joined 30 Rock during Season 6 and shared in the series’ WGA nomination earlier this year. Before that, she worked on NBC drama Mercy. In its last hurrah at the Emmys, 30 Rock, which wrapped its seven-year run in January, received 13 nominations, more than any other comedy, including for best comedy series.
NBC Nabs Comedy Produced By ‘30 Rock’s Tina Fey & Robert Carlock
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Explosive Finale Recap “The Bicameral Mind”: New Gods Will Walk
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Taps New Showrunner As Jon Harmon Feldman Exits
- CBS Will Continue To Broadcast Kennedy Center Honors Through 2025
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Emma Stone, Still Up Vs. 2015