EXCLUSIVE: NBC has put in development Sparks, a drama project executive produced by Medium creator Glenn Gordon Caron and Michael London (Milk), which has received a script commitment plus penalty. Written by Gwyn Lurie and Gary Marks (The Music Never Stopped) through 20th TV, Sparks is based on the case files and life of renowned neurologist Dr. Oliver Sacks. One of those cases was the subject of Sacks’ 1973 book Awakenings, which was adapted into the Oscar-nominated film of the same name starring Robin Williams and Robert De Niro. Sacks, Professor of Neurology at New York University School of Medicine, has written numerous best-selling books, including several collections of case studies of people with neurological disorders like Awakenings and Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain, which was showcased in an episode of the PBS series Nova. Lurie and Marks executive produce Sparks with Sacks, Caron, London and Kate Edgar. This marks Caron’s return to NBC where Medium aired for five seasons before migrating to CBS.
NBC Buys Drama Based On Neurologist Oliver Sacks, Glenn Gordon Caron To EP
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest TV News
- Jenna Coleman To Return As ITV & PBS Bring Back Royal Drama ‘Victoria’
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…