EXCLUSIVE: NBC has put in development Sparks, a drama project executive produced by Medium creator Glenn Gordon Caron and Michael London (Milk), which has received a script commitment plus penalty. Written by Gwyn Lurie and Gary Marks (The Music Never Stopped) through 20th TV, Sparks is based on the case files and life of renowned neurologist Dr. Oliver Sacks. One of those cases was the subject of Sacks’ 1973 book Awakenings, which was adapted into the Oscar-nominated film of the same name starring Robin Williams and Robert De Niro. Sacks, Professor of Neurology at New York University School of Medicine, has written numerous best-selling books, including several collections of case studies of people with neurological disorders like Awakenings and Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain, which was showcased in an episode of the PBS series Nova. Lurie and Marks executive produce Sparks with Sacks, Caron, London and Kate Edgar. This marks Caron’s return to NBC where Medium aired for five seasons before migrating to CBS.
NBC Buys Drama Based On Neurologist Oliver Sacks, Glenn Gordon Caron To EP
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series