EXCLUSIVE: NBC has put in development Sparks, a drama project executive produced by Medium creator Glenn Gordon Caron and Michael London (Milk), which has received a script commitment plus penalty. Written by Gwyn Lurie and Gary Marks (The Music Never Stopped) through 20th TV, Sparks is based on the case files and life of renowned neurologist Dr. Oliver Sacks. One of those cases was the subject of Sacks’ 1973 book Awakenings, which was adapted into the Oscar-nominated film of the same name starring Robin Williams and Robert De Niro. Sacks, Professor of Neurology at New York University School of Medicine, has written numerous best-selling books, including several collections of case studies of people with neurological disorders like Awakenings and Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain, which was showcased in an episode of the PBS series Nova. Lurie and Marks executive produce Sparks with Sacks, Caron, London and Kate Edgar. This marks Caron’s return to NBC where Medium aired for five seasons before migrating to CBS.
NBC Buys Drama Based On Neurologist Oliver Sacks, Glenn Gordon Caron To EP
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- Pop Head Of Original Programming Paul Adler Departs, the CW’s Justin Rosenblatt To Replace Him
- ‘The Deep’ Mermaid Thriller Drama Picked Up To Pilot By Freeform
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz To Resign As DNC Chair After Convention
- Brad Turell Exiting Paradigm To Launch Media Consulting Startup
- HBO, Dwayne Johnson & Mark Wahlberg Get $200M ‘Ballers’ Suit Thrown Out
- Marni Nixon Dies: Hollywood’s Voice Behind The Stars Was 86