EXCLUSIVE: NBC has put in development Sparks, a drama project executive produced by Medium creator Glenn Gordon Caron and Michael London (Milk), which has received a script commitment plus penalty. Written by Gwyn Lurie and Gary Marks (The Music Never Stopped) through 20th TV, Sparks is based on the case files and life of renowned neurologist Dr. Oliver Sacks. One of those cases was the subject of Sacks’ 1973 book Awakenings, which was adapted into the Oscar-nominated film of the same name starring Robin Williams and Robert De Niro. Sacks, Professor of Neurology at New York University School of Medicine, has written numerous best-selling books, including several collections of case studies of people with neurological disorders like Awakenings and Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain, which was showcased in an episode of the PBS series Nova. Lurie and Marks executive produce Sparks with Sacks, Caron, London and Kate Edgar. This marks Caron’s return to NBC where Medium aired for five seasons before migrating to CBS.
NBC Buys Drama Based On Neurologist Oliver Sacks, Glenn Gordon Caron To EP
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Mike Pence’s Plane With Press Aboard Skids Off NY Runway; No Injuries
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP
- New Orleans’ French Quarter Gangster Past Getting TV Treatment From Vermilion & Rubicon