EXCLUSIVE: NBC has closed deals for a comedy project from two actresses in writer-producer roles. The network has put in development a multi-camera comedy executive produced by Don’t Trust The B star Krysten Ritter and Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment and written by CSI alumna Liz Vassey through Universal TV. Based on an idea by Kaplan, the comedy revolves around a group of six friends who meet each Wednesday night for their weekly bowling league and centers on two of them — a couple, now broken up, who refuse to give up custody of their bowling league. Kaplan took the idea to Ritter, an avid bowling fan, who came on board as an executive producer. Vassey, who has developed with NBC and Uni TV in the past, was tapped to pen the script. She previously co-wrote an episode of CSI while she was a cast member on the veteran CBS crime drama. The comedy project expands WME-repped Ritter’s relationship with NBC and Uni TV where last season she toplined the half-hour pilot Assistance that was left in contention. Kaplan’s broadcast sales so far this season include The Mysteries Of Laura, which has a production commitment at NBC, and The Henchman, which has a put pilot commitment at Fox. For writing, Vassey is repped by ICM Partners, manager Robbie Kass and attorney Gregg Gelman.
NBC Buys Bowling Comedy From Krysten Ritter, Liz Vassey & Aaron Kaplan
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres