Music Box Films acquired U.S. rights to the Mark Mori-directed Bettie Page Reveals All, the documentary about the pinup queen who shattered taboos in her time and helped usher in the sexual revolution. Music Box Films will open the pic theatrically in New York and Los Angeles November 29, and roll out from there. The film is based on interviews Mori taped with Page before her death in 2008. She went from poverty in the South to a career as a scandalous 50s pin-up model. The film also uncovers previously unknown details about Bettie’s many torrid affairs, told from both her and her lovers’ perspectives, and an abrupt retirement in 1957 from modeling. There are broken marriages, born-again Christianity, and bouts of mental illness involved, before she resurfaced in the 90s, oblivious to her cult status. Music Box president William Schopf negotiated the deal directly with the filmmaker.
Music Box Acquires U.S. To ‘Bettie Page Reveals All;’ Docu On Pinup Queen
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest Film News
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t Come…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The Contenders…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date