Music Box Films acquired U.S. rights to the Mark Mori-directed Bettie Page Reveals All, the documentary about the pinup queen who shattered taboos in her time and helped usher in the sexual revolution. Music Box Films will open the pic theatrically in New York and Los Angeles November 29, and roll out from there. The film is based on interviews Mori taped with Page before her death in 2008. She went from poverty in the South to a career as a scandalous 50s pin-up model. The film also uncovers previously unknown details about Bettie’s many torrid affairs, told from both her and her lovers’ perspectives, and an abrupt retirement in 1957 from modeling. There are broken marriages, born-again Christianity, and bouts of mental illness involved, before she resurfaced in the 90s, oblivious to her cult status. Music Box president William Schopf negotiated the deal directly with the filmmaker.
Music Box Acquires U.S. To ‘Bettie Page Reveals All;’ Docu On Pinup Queen
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur