EXCLUSIVE: MTV is proceeding with a fourth season of its flagship comedy series Awkward after locking in Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler as new showrunners. They replace Awkward creator/executive producer/showrunner Lauren Iungerich who left the series when it wrapped production on Season 3 at the end of June. MTV had been looking to extend the Ashley Rickards-starring Awkward for another season but the decision hinged on fining a replacement for Iungerich. Alberghini and Chessler previously co-created the VH1 comedy noTORIous starring Tori Spelling and most recently worked on the CW’s 90210. Awkward is expected to return for the second portion of Season 3 later this year.
MTV’s ‘Awkward’ Renewed For Season 4 With Chris Alberghini & Mike Chessler As New Showrunners
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- USA Network Renews 'Satisfaction', Cancels 'Rush'
- Nielsen Mystery: Why Are ABC's Fast National Ratings Grossly Underreported?
- TV Land Picks Up 'Impastor' & 'Teachers' To Series
- 'Utopia' Moves To Friday, Replaced By 'MasterChef Junior' On Tuesday
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS