EXCLUSIVE: MTV is proceeding with a fourth season of its flagship comedy series Awkward after locking in Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler as new showrunners. They replace Awkward creator/executive producer/showrunner Lauren Iungerich who left the series when it wrapped production on Season 3 at the end of June. MTV had been looking to extend the Ashley Rickards-starring Awkward for another season but the decision hinged on fining a replacement for Iungerich. Alberghini and Chessler previously co-created the VH1 comedy noTORIous starring Tori Spelling and most recently worked on the CW’s 90210. Awkward is expected to return for the second portion of Season 3 later this year.
MTV’s ‘Awkward’ Renewed For Season 4 With Chris Alberghini & Mike Chessler As New Showrunners
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'