EXCLUSIVE: MTV is proceeding with a fourth season of its flagship comedy series Awkward after locking in Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler as new showrunners. They replace Awkward creator/executive producer/showrunner Lauren Iungerich who left the series when it wrapped production on Season 3 at the end of June. MTV had been looking to extend the Ashley Rickards-starring Awkward for another season but the decision hinged on fining a replacement for Iungerich. Alberghini and Chessler previously co-created the VH1 comedy noTORIous starring Tori Spelling and most recently worked on the CW’s 90210. Awkward is expected to return for the second portion of Season 3 later this year.
MTV’s ‘Awkward’ Renewed For Season 4 With Chris Alberghini & Mike Chessler As New Showrunners
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams
- Ex-NBA Star Baron Davis Gets Comedy About His Life Produced By Jake Johnson