Jon Hamm, Bill Paxton, Life Of Pi‘s Suraj Sharma and Asiv Mandvi star in Million Dollar Arm, which is being directed by Craig Gillespie and written by Tom McCarthy. Disney said today it will be released wide May 16, 2014. It is based on the true story of sports agent JB Bernstein (Hamm) and his partner (Mandvi) who are facing shutting down their office until JB gets a brainstorm: Million Dollar Arm, an American Idol-like reality show designed to find the first major league baseball player from cricket-crazy India. They discover Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel, who eventually became the first Indian pros when they signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates — but not before Bernstein had to teach them as much about American culture and speaking English as he did the rules of baseball. Warner Bros’ Godzilla movie already has been set for the May 16 release date.
Disney Dates Jon Hamm Sports Pic ‘Million Dollar Arm’ For May 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings