Jon Hamm, Bill Paxton, Life Of Pi‘s Suraj Sharma and Asiv Mandvi star in Million Dollar Arm, which is being directed by Craig Gillespie and written by Tom McCarthy. Disney said today it will be released wide May 16, 2014. It is based on the true story of sports agent JB Bernstein (Hamm) and his partner (Mandvi) who are facing shutting down their office until JB gets a brainstorm: Million Dollar Arm, an American Idol-like reality show designed to find the first major league baseball player from cricket-crazy India. They discover Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel, who eventually became the first Indian pros when they signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates — but not before Bernstein had to teach them as much about American culture and speaking English as he did the rules of baseball. Warner Bros’ Godzilla movie already has been set for the May 16 release date.
Disney Dates Jon Hamm Sports Pic ‘Million Dollar Arm’ For May 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster