Michael Lynton is the latest high-profile Hollywood name to join up with the USC School of Cinematic Arts. The CEO of Sony Entertainment has been appointed to the school’s Board Of Councilors, which deal with planning and development and maybe most importantly fundraising efforts. Lynton, who went to Harvard, joins board members including chairman Frank Price, Frank Biondi Jr, Barry Diller, Lee Gabler, David Geffen, Brian Grazer, Brad Grey, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Alan Levine, George Lucas, Don Mattrick, Bill M. Mechanic, Barry Meyer, Sidney Poitier, John Riccitiello, Barney Rosenzweig, Scott Sassa, Steven Spielberg, John Wells, Jim Wiatt, Paul Junger Witt, and Robert Zemeckis. Said Price in a statement today: “The Board of Councilors works in the interest of SCA’s students, who will be the future leaders of our industry. Michael is actively working on laying the groundwork for that future, and he will use his expertise to support the students and inspire their future contributions.” In February, 20th Century Fox Film Chairman Jim Gianopulos also joined the Board, and that same month Bryan Singer donated $5 million, and a gala reception for the opening of the Sumner M. Redstone Production Building drew big industry names including Lucas, Spielberg, Grey and Les Moonves.
Sony’s Michael Lynton Joins Board At USC School Of Cinematic Arts
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Motion Pictures Sound Editors’ Golden Reel Awards: 'Hacksaw Ridge,' 'Westworld' Among Winners - Full List
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards
- WGA Awards: ‘Moonlight’ & ‘Arrival’ Win Top Film Prizes; FX’s ‘Atlanta’ & ‘The Americans’ Lead TV – Complete…
- Richard Schickel Dies: Time Magazine Film Critic Was 84