In a competitive situation, a single-camera comedy from Sex And The City alumna Jenny Bicks has landed at NBC with a put pilot commitment. The project, from 20th Century Fox TV, where Bicks is under an overall deal, is about a beached mermaid in search of adventure who winds up working in a bar/attraction in Miami with an eclectic group of people as lost as she is. Bicks is the writer-executive producer. She most recently served as executive producer/showrunner on the Showtime dark comedy The Big C. The mermaid project reunites Bicks with NBC topper Bob Greenblatt who, while at Showtime, developed and put the cancer comedy starring Laura Linney on the air. Bicks, repped by UTA and attorney Ken Richman, previously created and executive produced the ABC/Warner Bros TV one-hour dramedy Men In Trees and the NBC/NBC Studios comedy Leap Of Faith. Mermaids are in the pop culture zeitgeist at the moment following Animal Planet‘s highly rated and controversial “documentary” specials.
Mermaid Comedy From Jenny Bicks Gets Put Pilot Commitment At NBC
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'