In a competitive situation, a single-camera comedy from Sex And The City alumna Jenny Bicks has landed at NBC with a put pilot commitment. The project, from 20th Century Fox TV, where Bicks is under an overall deal, is about a beached mermaid in search of adventure who winds up working in a bar/attraction in Miami with an eclectic group of people as lost as she is. Bicks is the writer-executive producer. She most recently served as executive producer/showrunner on the Showtime dark comedy The Big C. The mermaid project reunites Bicks with NBC topper Bob Greenblatt who, while at Showtime, developed and put the cancer comedy starring Laura Linney on the air. Bicks, repped by UTA and attorney Ken Richman, previously created and executive produced the ABC/Warner Bros TV one-hour dramedy Men In Trees and the NBC/NBC Studios comedy Leap Of Faith. Mermaids are in the pop culture zeitgeist at the moment following Animal Planet‘s highly rated and controversial “documentary” specials.
Mermaid Comedy From Jenny Bicks Gets Put Pilot Commitment At NBC
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup