The actresses are boarding Disney’s Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day as production gets under way. Megan Mullally and Jennifer Coolidge join Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner, who play the parents of 11-year-old Alexander (Ed Oxenbould). The pic follows the boy through such a lousy day that he thinks bad things happen only to him. But it turns out his whole family is suffering through the same type of day. Miguel Arteta is directing the first live-action feature adaptation of Judith Viorst’s 1972 children’s book from a script by Rob Lieber. Shawn Levy, Lisa Henson and Dan Levine are producing. Mullally is best known for her Emmy-winning turn on Will & Grace; Coolidge’s credits include 2 Broke Girls and Legally Blonde.
Megan Mullally, Jennifer Coolidge Round Out Cast For Disney’s ‘Alexander’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Candy's Son Takes The Lead In 'Bar America': Hot Trailer
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser