The actresses are boarding Disney’s Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day as production gets under way. Megan Mullally and Jennifer Coolidge join Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner, who play the parents of 11-year-old Alexander (Ed Oxenbould). The pic follows the boy through such a lousy day that he thinks bad things happen only to him. But it turns out his whole family is suffering through the same type of day. Miguel Arteta is directing the first live-action feature adaptation of Judith Viorst’s 1972 children’s book from a script by Rob Lieber. Shawn Levy, Lisa Henson and Dan Levine are producing. Mullally is best known for her Emmy-winning turn on Will & Grace; Coolidge’s credits include 2 Broke Girls and Legally Blonde.
Megan Mullally, Jennifer Coolidge Round Out Cast For Disney’s ‘Alexander’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'