ER alumna Maura Tierney is set to star opposite Dominic West and Ruth Wilson in Showtime‘s drama pilot The Affair. From playwright and writer/producer Sarah Treem and co-creator Hagai Levi, The Affair is an intense and intimate exploration of two marriages and an affair that disrupts them — with all of the complex consequences that result. It centers on Noah (West), a good husband, devoted father of four, and New York City high school teacher whose settled, comfortable world is about to implode when he meets a woman (Wilson) he thinks is his soul mate. Emmy-nominated Tierney, repped by UTA and Untitled, will play Helen, Noah’s college sweetheart, best friend, mother of his children, lover and wife of 17 years. Her world will be buffeted by Noah’s infidelity and, over time, she will swing back and forth from understanding to furious, from forgiving to vengeful. Tierney, who recurs on CBS’s The Good Wife, recently made her Broadway debut opposite Tom Hanks in Lucky Guy.
Maura Tierney To Co-Star In Showtime Pilot ‘The Affair’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate