EXCLUSIVE: Now that Ira Sachs (Keep The Lights On) has John Lithgow in place for his next feature Love Is Strange, the NYC-set drama about a recently married gay couple has added Marisa Tomei to its cast. Lithgow last month boarded the project replacing Michael Gambon, who was initially set to star opposite Alfred Molina. Lithgow and Molina will now play Ben and George, respectively, partners of 38 years who finally are able to marry only to be forced to crash separately with friends and family after they lose their apartment. Tomei will play novelist Kate, who’s married to Ben’s nephew. When crisis strikes Ben moves in with the couple. Filming begins this month in New York. Tomei just wrapped Adam Rapp’s Why Now?! opposite Sam Rockwell. She’s repped by CAA and Untitled.
Marisa Tomei Joins John Lithgow & Alfred Molina In Ira Sachs’ ‘Love Is Strange’
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest Film News
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”