EXCLUSIVE: Now that Ira Sachs (Keep The Lights On) has John Lithgow in place for his next feature Love Is Strange, the NYC-set drama about a recently married gay couple has added Marisa Tomei to its cast. Lithgow last month boarded the project replacing Michael Gambon, who was initially set to star opposite Alfred Molina. Lithgow and Molina will now play Ben and George, respectively, partners of 38 years who finally are able to marry only to be forced to crash separately with friends and family after they lose their apartment. Tomei will play novelist Kate, who’s married to Ben’s nephew. When crisis strikes Ben moves in with the couple. Filming begins this month in New York. Tomei just wrapped Adam Rapp’s Why Now?! opposite Sam Rockwell. She’s repped by CAA and Untitled.
Marisa Tomei Joins John Lithgow & Alfred Molina In Ira Sachs’ ‘Love Is Strange’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'