Oscar-winner Marion Cotillard has boarded See-Saw Films’ Macbeth, to be directed by Snowtown‘s Justin Kurzel. Natalie Portman had previously been attached to play the scheming Lady Macbeth opposite Michael Fassbender as the iconic eponymous antihero. Fassbender is still in the mix. King’s Speech and Shame producers Iain Canning and Emile Sherman are producing. Pre-production is slated for the end of the year with principal photography to kick off in the UK in January 2014. Studiocanal is financing the majority of the picture with Film4 and will handle international sales. It is also releasing in the UK, France and Germany. Cotillard is repped by CAA and Agence Adequat.
Marion Cotillard To Play Lady Macbeth Opposite Michael Fassbender
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 2: Emma Stone, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake & More
- 'I Am Not Your Negro' Tops $3.2M, 'Everybody Loves Somebody' Opens at $1M – Specialty Box Office
- Mark Duplass Urges Oscar Win For Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List