EXCLUSIVE: Maria Karlsson, the screenwriter who penned the Swedish thriller trilogy Easy Money, has signed with Paradigm. Those movies helped launch the U.S. careers of star Joel Kinnaman and directors Daniel Espinoza (Safe House, Summit’s upcoming Child 44) and Babak Najafi (CBS Films’ upcoming Inside The Machine). (Child 44 by the way co-stars Kinneman and fellow Swede Noomi Rapace.) The agency flew to Sweden to seal the deal for Karlsson, who has helped shape the new film genre being called Stockholm noir and who Paradigm feels can have the same kind of success her Easy Money cohorts have found on this side of the pond. The final movie in series premiered in Sweden last night and opens in the territory this weekend. Karlsson also wrote the screenplay for the 2012 crime thriller The Hidden Child, directed by Per Hanefjord. Paradigm will start by shopping her latest spec script stateside.
Paradigm Signs Swedish Scribe Behind ‘Easy Money’ Pics
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV