EXCLUSIVE: Maria Karlsson, the screenwriter who penned the Swedish thriller trilogy Easy Money, has signed with Paradigm. Those movies helped launch the U.S. careers of star Joel Kinnaman and directors Daniel Espinoza (Safe House, Summit’s upcoming Child 44) and Babak Najafi (CBS Films’ upcoming Inside The Machine). (Child 44 by the way co-stars Kinneman and fellow Swede Noomi Rapace.) The agency flew to Sweden to seal the deal for Karlsson, who has helped shape the new film genre being called Stockholm noir and who Paradigm feels can have the same kind of success her Easy Money cohorts have found on this side of the pond. The final movie in series premiered in Sweden last night and opens in the territory this weekend. Karlsson also wrote the screenplay for the 2012 crime thriller The Hidden Child, directed by Per Hanefjord. Paradigm will start by shopping her latest spec script stateside.
Paradigm Signs Swedish Scribe Behind ‘Easy Money’ Pics
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Shawn Ryan Among Winners In WGA West Board Of Directors Election
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'