EXCLUSIVE: Maria Karlsson, the screenwriter who penned the Swedish thriller trilogy Easy Money, has signed with Paradigm. Those movies helped launch the U.S. careers of star Joel Kinnaman and directors Daniel Espinoza (Safe House, Summit’s upcoming Child 44) and Babak Najafi (CBS Films’ upcoming Inside The Machine). (Child 44 by the way co-stars Kinneman and fellow Swede Noomi Rapace.) The agency flew to Sweden to seal the deal for Karlsson, who has helped shape the new film genre being called Stockholm noir and who Paradigm feels can have the same kind of success her Easy Money cohorts have found on this side of the pond. The final movie in series premiered in Sweden last night and opens in the territory this weekend. Karlsson also wrote the screenplay for the 2012 crime thriller The Hidden Child, directed by Per Hanefjord. Paradigm will start by shopping her latest spec script stateside.
Paradigm Signs Swedish Scribe Behind ‘Easy Money’ Pics
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE