EXCLUSIVE: A Friend-ly gladiator is joining the gang on Shonda Rhimes’ hot Washington DC drama Scandal. Friends alumna Lisa Kudrow has been tapped for a recurring role on the ABC series’ upcoming third season. In typical Shonda fashion, details about Kudrow’s character are kept under wraps, but I’ve learned that she plays a politician. On the Kerry Washington-starring drama, Kudrow is joining her long-time producing partner Dan Bucatinsky, who received an Emmy nomination for his recurring role as Cyrus’ (Jeff Perry) long-suffering husband. This marks Kudrow’s biggest series acting commitment in a long time. Since the end of Friends and her follow-up series, the cult HBO comedy The Comeback, Kudrow has been focused on producing as well as her online-turned-TV improv show Web Therapy.
Lisa Kudrow Joins ABC Drama ‘Scandal’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'