Janus Films has taken U.S. rights to Paolo Sorrentino’s La Grande Bellezza (The Great Beauty), which debuted in competition at Cannes to acclaim in May. The pic tells a Fellini-esque tale of a playboy journalist (Toni Servillo) looking back on his life among Rome’s high society on his 65th birthday. Janus and home vid partner Criterion Collection will distribute the film stateside after its Toronto Film Festival premiere next month. La Grande Bellezza will first open in NY on November 15 before hitting LA on November 22 and additional cities November 29. Cineaste specialist label Criterion will put out a subsequent home video release. Janus struck the deal with international distributor Pathe. In May, Mongrel Media picked up Canadian rights out of Cannes.
Cannes Pic ‘La Grande Bellezza’ To Get Janus, Criterion Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Film News
- ‘Glee’ Alum Harry Shum Jr. Joins Sylvester Stallone In ‘Escape Plan 3’
- Beau Willimon Elected President Of WGA East
- Kathrine Narducci Cast In Martin Scorsese’s Crime Drama ‘The Irishman’
- ‘Akira’ Back? ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Helmer Taika Waititi In Talks
- ‘Cook Off!’ Trailer: Melissa McCarthy Comedy Reheated Ten Years Later
- Michael Wright Exiting As Amblin Partners CEO; Steven Spielberg Takes Reins