Janus Films has taken U.S. rights to Paolo Sorrentino’s La Grande Bellezza (The Great Beauty), which debuted in competition at Cannes to acclaim in May. The pic tells a Fellini-esque tale of a playboy journalist (Toni Servillo) looking back on his life among Rome’s high society on his 65th birthday. Janus and home vid partner Criterion Collection will distribute the film stateside after its Toronto Film Festival premiere next month. La Grande Bellezza will first open in NY on November 15 before hitting LA on November 22 and additional cities November 29. Cineaste specialist label Criterion will put out a subsequent home video release. Janus struck the deal with international distributor Pathe. In May, Mongrel Media picked up Canadian rights out of Cannes.
Cannes Pic ‘La Grande Bellezza’ To Get Janus, Criterion Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Latest Film News
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce