Janus Films has taken U.S. rights to Paolo Sorrentino’s La Grande Bellezza (The Great Beauty), which debuted in competition at Cannes to acclaim in May. The pic tells a Fellini-esque tale of a playboy journalist (Toni Servillo) looking back on his life among Rome’s high society on his 65th birthday. Janus and home vid partner Criterion Collection will distribute the film stateside after its Toronto Film Festival premiere next month. La Grande Bellezza will first open in NY on November 15 before hitting LA on November 22 and additional cities November 29. Cineaste specialist label Criterion will put out a subsequent home video release. Janus struck the deal with international distributor Pathe. In May, Mongrel Media picked up Canadian rights out of Cannes.
Cannes Pic ‘La Grande Bellezza’ To Get Janus, Criterion Release
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'