Janus Films has taken U.S. rights to Paolo Sorrentino’s La Grande Bellezza (The Great Beauty), which debuted in competition at Cannes to acclaim in May. The pic tells a Fellini-esque tale of a playboy journalist (Toni Servillo) looking back on his life among Rome’s high society on his 65th birthday. Janus and home vid partner Criterion Collection will distribute the film stateside after its Toronto Film Festival premiere next month. La Grande Bellezza will first open in NY on November 15 before hitting LA on November 22 and additional cities November 29. Cineaste specialist label Criterion will put out a subsequent home video release. Janus struck the deal with international distributor Pathe. In May, Mongrel Media picked up Canadian rights out of Cannes.
Cannes Pic ‘La Grande Bellezza’ To Get Janus, Criterion Release
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV