The release of Universal’s Jurassic Park 3D kicked off in China yesterday, with the film claiming the top spot at the box office grossing $6.3 million on 2500 screens. The studio says its the fourth-biggest opening day for a U.S. film in the territory this year, topping titles like Man Of Steel and The Hobbit. Iron Man remains at the top of the list, grossing $19.1 million in China when it was released May 1. Pacific Rim ($8.6M) and Fast & Furious 6 ($8.3M) round out the top three. Jurassic Park 3D‘s international cume stands at $20.7M ahead of openings this weekend in Mexico, Panama, Spain, and the UK and Ireland. In the U.S., the 3D conversion of the dinosaur blockbuster was released in early April, grossing more than $18 million on its opening weekend.
‘Jurassic Park 3D’ Opens Big In China
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Box Office News
- Did Audiences Enjoy ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’? Deciphering Online User Reviews From Exit Polls
- 'I, Tonya' Ices Robust Weekend; 'Disaster Artist', 'Shape of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand – Specialty…
- Disney-Fox Films Controlling 90% Of Weekend Box Office Spurred By ‘Last Jedi’ – Update
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow – International Box Office
- ‘The Last Jedi’ Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The ‘Star Wars’ Franchise…
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Faces $18M Lawsuit Over Poorly Performing Pic