The release of Universal’s Jurassic Park 3D kicked off in China yesterday, with the film claiming the top spot at the box office grossing $6.3 million on 2500 screens. The studio says its the fourth-biggest opening day for a U.S. film in the territory this year, topping titles like Man Of Steel and The Hobbit. Iron Man remains at the top of the list, grossing $19.1 million in China when it was released May 1. Pacific Rim ($8.6M) and Fast & Furious 6 ($8.3M) round out the top three. Jurassic Park 3D‘s international cume stands at $20.7M ahead of openings this weekend in Mexico, Panama, Spain, and the UK and Ireland. In the U.S., the 3D conversion of the dinosaur blockbuster was released in early April, grossing more than $18 million on its opening weekend.
‘Jurassic Park 3D’ Opens Big In China
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'