The release of Universal’s Jurassic Park 3D kicked off in China yesterday, with the film claiming the top spot at the box office grossing $6.3 million on 2500 screens. The studio says its the fourth-biggest opening day for a U.S. film in the territory this year, topping titles like Man Of Steel and The Hobbit. Iron Man remains at the top of the list, grossing $19.1 million in China when it was released May 1. Pacific Rim ($8.6M) and Fast & Furious 6 ($8.3M) round out the top three. Jurassic Park 3D‘s international cume stands at $20.7M ahead of openings this weekend in Mexico, Panama, Spain, and the UK and Ireland. In the U.S., the 3D conversion of the dinosaur blockbuster was released in early April, grossing more than $18 million on its opening weekend.
‘Jurassic Park 3D’ Opens Big In China
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa