The release of Universal’s Jurassic Park 3D kicked off in China yesterday, with the film claiming the top spot at the box office grossing $6.3 million on 2500 screens. The studio says its the fourth-biggest opening day for a U.S. film in the territory this year, topping titles like Man Of Steel and The Hobbit. Iron Man remains at the top of the list, grossing $19.1 million in China when it was released May 1. Pacific Rim ($8.6M) and Fast & Furious 6 ($8.3M) round out the top three. Jurassic Park 3D‘s international cume stands at $20.7M ahead of openings this weekend in Mexico, Panama, Spain, and the UK and Ireland. In the U.S., the 3D conversion of the dinosaur blockbuster was released in early April, grossing more than $18 million on its opening weekend.
‘Jurassic Park 3D’ Opens Big In China
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Shawn Ryan Among Winners In WGA West Board Of Directors Election
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'