The release of Universal’s Jurassic Park 3D kicked off in China yesterday, with the film claiming the top spot at the box office grossing $6.3 million on 2500 screens. The studio says its the fourth-biggest opening day for a U.S. film in the territory this year, topping titles like Man Of Steel and The Hobbit. Iron Man remains at the top of the list, grossing $19.1 million in China when it was released May 1. Pacific Rim ($8.6M) and Fast & Furious 6 ($8.3M) round out the top three. Jurassic Park 3D‘s international cume stands at $20.7M ahead of openings this weekend in Mexico, Panama, Spain, and the UK and Ireland. In the U.S., the 3D conversion of the dinosaur blockbuster was released in early April, grossing more than $18 million on its opening weekend.
‘Jurassic Park 3D’ Opens Big In China
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: 'Keanu', 'Mother's Day' & 'Ratchet & Clank' - Sunday Update
'Captain America: Civil War' Blasts Off With $200.2M In First Overseas Weekend; 'Jungle Book' Still A Beast - Intl Box Office
Obama's Final White House Correspondents' Dinner Kicks Off With Will Smith, Priyanka Chopra, Bryan Cranston, WME & UTA Brass
Latest Box Office News
- ‘The Family Fang' & 'The Man Who Knew Infinity' Top Mixed Weekend: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Blasts Off With $200.2M In First Overseas Weekend; ‘Jungle Book’ Still A Beast – Intl…
- ‘Jungle Book’ King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’…
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Swings Past $600M Global; Crossing $400M Overseas Today
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Shoots To $84M In 3 Days At Offshore Box Office – Saturday Update
- How A DreamWorks-Illumination Combo Beats Disney At The B.O.