Joss Whedon is clearly in Ben Affleck‘s corner following word that he’s been named the new Batman. Here’s what Whedon tweeted tonight: “Affleck’ll crush it. He’s got the chops, he’s got the chin — just needs the material. Affleck & Cavill toe to toe — I’m in”. Whedon’s vote of support comes amid online reaction to the news that has been, for the most part and putting it kindly, less than positive. Warner Bros has set the Zack Snyder-directed Batman-Superman pic to open worldwide on July 17, 2015.
Joss Whedon Tweets Support For Ben Affleck As Batman, Says He’ll “Crush It”
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Midnight Rider': New Footage Reveals Seconds Leading To Train Impact: Video
- Miles Fisher Joins 'Man Seeking Woman'; Michael Liu In 'Sin City Saints'
- Ian Fraser, Emmy-Winning Music Director, Dead At 81
- OSCARS: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary
- Chris Rock's 'Top Five' Gets Wide Release; 'Interstellar' Lifts Off 2 Days Early
- 'Today Show' Plugs 'Saturday Night Live' In Annual Halloween Costume Stunt