Joss Whedon is clearly in Ben Affleck‘s corner following word that he’s been named the new Batman. Here’s what Whedon tweeted tonight: “Affleck’ll crush it. He’s got the chops, he’s got the chin — just needs the material. Affleck & Cavill toe to toe — I’m in”. Whedon’s vote of support comes amid online reaction to the news that has been, for the most part and putting it kindly, less than positive. Warner Bros has set the Zack Snyder-directed Batman-Superman pic to open worldwide on July 17, 2015.
Joss Whedon Tweets Support For Ben Affleck As Batman, Says He’ll “Crush It”
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'