EXCLUSIVE: The Newsroom‘s John Gallagher Jr. is set to co-star opposite Frances McDormand and Richard Jenkins in HBO’s miniseries Olive Kitteridge, directed by Lisa Cholodenko and produced by Playtone. Also cast in the project, based on the novel by Elizabeth Strout, are Breaking Bad regular Jesse Plemons and Zoe Kazan. Written by Jane Anderson, Olive Kitteridge tells the story of a seemingly placid New England town wrought with illicit affairs, crime and tragedy, told through the lens of Olive (McDormand), whose wicked wit and harsh demeanor mask a warm but troubled heart and a staunch moral center. Gallagher plays Christopher Kitteridge, the son of Olive and Henry (Jenkins). Kazan plays Denise, who works with Henry at his pharmacy. Plemons plays Jerry McCarthy, Henry’s delivery boy at the pharmacy. Olive Kitteridge is executive produced by Tom Hanks, Gary Goetzman, McDormand and Anderson. Plemons is with TalentWorks and Hirsch Wallerstein.
John Gallagher Jr., Jesse Plemons & Zoe Kazan Cast In HBO Miniseries ‘Olive Kitteridge’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'