EXCLUSIVE: The Newsroom‘s John Gallagher Jr. is set to co-star opposite Frances McDormand and Richard Jenkins in HBO’s miniseries Olive Kitteridge, directed by Lisa Cholodenko and produced by Playtone. Also cast in the project, based on the novel by Elizabeth Strout, are Breaking Bad regular Jesse Plemons and Zoe Kazan. Written by Jane Anderson, Olive Kitteridge tells the story of a seemingly placid New England town wrought with illicit affairs, crime and tragedy, told through the lens of Olive (McDormand), whose wicked wit and harsh demeanor mask a warm but troubled heart and a staunch moral center. Gallagher plays Christopher Kitteridge, the son of Olive and Henry (Jenkins). Kazan plays Denise, who works with Henry at his pharmacy. Plemons plays Jerry McCarthy, Henry’s delivery boy at the pharmacy. Olive Kitteridge is executive produced by Tom Hanks, Gary Goetzman, McDormand and Anderson. Plemons is with TalentWorks and Hirsch Wallerstein.
John Gallagher Jr., Jesse Plemons & Zoe Kazan Cast In HBO Miniseries ‘Olive Kitteridge’
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- Lifetime Orders 'Lizzie Borden' Limited Series Starring Christina Ricci
- Brad Silberling Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse's USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Red Band Society' Gets Order For Four More Scripts
- Steve Coogan To Succeed Philip Seymour Hoffman In Showtime Comedy 'Happyish'