Deadline last Thursday revealed Fox’s plans to prepare three Avatar sequels that can be shot in succession, and here’s what Fox Filmed Entertainment chief Jim Gianopulos just told analysts: “Of course, Jim Cameron is finalizing the scripts– yes, that was plural– for the continuation of the saga that began with the highest grossing film in history– Avatar. The growing breadth and scale of Jim’s magnificent fantasy world will come to life through three films, scheduled for release in December 2016, December 2017, and December 2018. We’re confident these major cinematic events will amaze and enthrall audiences around the world.” The comments came in a presentation where the exec argued that Fox will continue to lead the industry in profitability due to its focus on franchises and global scale.
Fox Vamps James Cameron’s Triple ‘Avatar’ Sequels To Analysts
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Layer3 TV Taps Lindsay Gardner To Lead Programming And Content Acquisition
- Yahoo Shares Rise As Mobile Revenues Help It Beat Q3 Earnings Expectations
- Will Time Warner Feel A Bruise From Its Battle With Dish Network?
- Apple Beats Earnings Expectations With Help From iPhones, But Not iPads
- How The New York Times Missed The Story About HBO, CBS, And The Web