Deadline last Thursday revealed Fox’s plans to prepare three Avatar sequels that can be shot in succession, and here’s what Fox Filmed Entertainment chief Jim Gianopulos just told analysts: “Of course, Jim Cameron is finalizing the scripts– yes, that was plural– for the continuation of the saga that began with the highest grossing film in history– Avatar. The growing breadth and scale of Jim’s magnificent fantasy world will come to life through three films, scheduled for release in December 2016, December 2017, and December 2018. We’re confident these major cinematic events will amaze and enthrall audiences around the world.” The comments came in a presentation where the exec argued that Fox will continue to lead the industry in profitability due to its focus on franchises and global scale.
Fox Vamps James Cameron’s Triple ‘Avatar’ Sequels To Analysts
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest Business News
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For Campaign Contributions
- NFL Network Suspends Analysts After Sexual Harassment Accusations From Former Employee
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas
- Mia Kirshner Calls On CAA To Lead (And Fund) An Effort To Combat Sexual Harassment In Hollywood
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years
- Comcast Bows Out of Fox Sweepstakes