Deadline last Thursday revealed Fox’s plans to prepare three Avatar sequels that can be shot in succession, and here’s what Fox Filmed Entertainment chief Jim Gianopulos just told analysts: “Of course, Jim Cameron is finalizing the scripts– yes, that was plural– for the continuation of the saga that began with the highest grossing film in history– Avatar. The growing breadth and scale of Jim’s magnificent fantasy world will come to life through three films, scheduled for release in December 2016, December 2017, and December 2018. We’re confident these major cinematic events will amaze and enthrall audiences around the world.” The comments came in a presentation where the exec argued that Fox will continue to lead the industry in profitability due to its focus on franchises and global scale.
Fox Vamps James Cameron’s Triple ‘Avatar’ Sequels To Analysts
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Business News
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- George Takei’s Personal ‘Allegiance’ Sets Cast For Fall Broadway Bow
- ESPN Drafts Chris Connelly To Replace Fired Bill Simmons As Grantland Chief
- Tracy Morgan Says Wal-Mart “Did Right” In Fatal Crash Settlement
- Musicians Union Slaps Studios With Lawsuit Over Reuse Of Film Tunes
- Les Moonves Says He’s Negotiating To Put CBS On Apple’s Planned TV Platform