Deadline last Thursday revealed Fox’s plans to prepare three Avatar sequels that can be shot in succession, and here’s what Fox Filmed Entertainment chief Jim Gianopulos just told analysts: “Of course, Jim Cameron is finalizing the scripts– yes, that was plural– for the continuation of the saga that began with the highest grossing film in history– Avatar. The growing breadth and scale of Jim’s magnificent fantasy world will come to life through three films, scheduled for release in December 2016, December 2017, and December 2018. We’re confident these major cinematic events will amaze and enthrall audiences around the world.” The comments came in a presentation where the exec argued that Fox will continue to lead the industry in profitability due to its focus on franchises and global scale.
Fox Vamps James Cameron’s Triple ‘Avatar’ Sequels To Analysts
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
More From Lieberman
- Yahoo’s $40B Gift To Shareholders: It Will Spin Off Alibaba Holdings
- WWE Network Pins 1M Subs, Taking Company Shares Off The Ropes
- IMAX Stock Buoyed By ‘Mission: Impossible’ Switch And Box Office Sales
- NYC Passes Tokyo As Top Entertainment & Media Spender – Report
- Can CEOs Convince Wall Street That TV’s Lost Ad Dollars Will Come Back?
- Former Fox Station Employee Commits Suicide Outside Corporate Headquarters