Deadline last Thursday revealed Fox’s plans to prepare three Avatar sequels that can be shot in succession, and here’s what Fox Filmed Entertainment chief Jim Gianopulos just told analysts: “Of course, Jim Cameron is finalizing the scripts– yes, that was plural– for the continuation of the saga that began with the highest grossing film in history– Avatar. The growing breadth and scale of Jim’s magnificent fantasy world will come to life through three films, scheduled for release in December 2016, December 2017, and December 2018. We’re confident these major cinematic events will amaze and enthrall audiences around the world.” The comments came in a presentation where the exec argued that Fox will continue to lead the industry in profitability due to its focus on franchises and global scale.
Fox Vamps James Cameron’s Triple ‘Avatar’ Sequels To Analysts
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest Business News
- Time Warner Beats Q1 Earnings Expectations With Help From CNN
- WGA West Members Reject Longer Terms For Guild Officers
- Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As “One Hell Of A Competitor” with “Amazing Future”…
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Sony Pictures Taps Jamie Stevens As EVP Worldwide Consumer Products
- CBS’ Les Moonves “Salivating” For Upfront Ad Sales As Demand Grows