Deadline last Thursday revealed Fox’s plans to prepare three Avatar sequels that can be shot in succession, and here’s what Fox Filmed Entertainment chief Jim Gianopulos just told analysts: “Of course, Jim Cameron is finalizing the scripts– yes, that was plural– for the continuation of the saga that began with the highest grossing film in history– Avatar. The growing breadth and scale of Jim’s magnificent fantasy world will come to life through three films, scheduled for release in December 2016, December 2017, and December 2018. We’re confident these major cinematic events will amaze and enthrall audiences around the world.” The comments came in a presentation where the exec argued that Fox will continue to lead the industry in profitability due to its focus on franchises and global scale.
Fox Vamps James Cameron’s Triple ‘Avatar’ Sequels To Analysts
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest Business News
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards
- John Dean: Trump’s “Enemy Of The People” Tweet Echoes Nixon's Hatred of the Free Press
- As Rumors Swirl, Is Brad Grey Long For Paramount?
- Jonni Hartman Rogers Dies: PR Vet & TV Producer Was Mother Of Actress Lisa Hartman Black
- T-Mobile & Sprint Shares Spike As Merger Prospects Brighten