Deadline last Thursday revealed Fox’s plans to prepare three Avatar sequels that can be shot in succession, and here’s what Fox Filmed Entertainment chief Jim Gianopulos just told analysts: “Of course, Jim Cameron is finalizing the scripts– yes, that was plural– for the continuation of the saga that began with the highest grossing film in history– Avatar. The growing breadth and scale of Jim’s magnificent fantasy world will come to life through three films, scheduled for release in December 2016, December 2017, and December 2018. We’re confident these major cinematic events will amaze and enthrall audiences around the world.” The comments came in a presentation where the exec argued that Fox will continue to lead the industry in profitability due to its focus on franchises and global scale.
Fox Vamps James Cameron’s Triple ‘Avatar’ Sequels To Analysts
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Scrap California Film Incentives? Nonpartisan State Analyst Says Maybe – Again
- Can CBS And Viacom Investors See Eye-To-Eye On Merger Numbers?
- Viacom’s New Directors Will Lead Committee Weighing CBS Deal
- Media Stocks Share Gains In Generally Upbeat Q3 Market
- Hollywood & Broadway To Put On Big-Money Show For Hillary Clinton
- Anonymous Content Finds Its New Strategic Partner: Laurene Powell Jobs’ Emerson Collective