Deadline last Thursday revealed Fox’s plans to prepare three Avatar sequels that can be shot in succession, and here’s what Fox Filmed Entertainment chief Jim Gianopulos just told analysts: “Of course, Jim Cameron is finalizing the scripts– yes, that was plural– for the continuation of the saga that began with the highest grossing film in history– Avatar. The growing breadth and scale of Jim’s magnificent fantasy world will come to life through three films, scheduled for release in December 2016, December 2017, and December 2018. We’re confident these major cinematic events will amaze and enthrall audiences around the world.” The comments came in a presentation where the exec argued that Fox will continue to lead the industry in profitability due to its focus on franchises and global scale.
Fox Vamps James Cameron’s Triple ‘Avatar’ Sequels To Analysts
What's Hot on Deadline
Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind 'Nashville' And Looks To 'Power Rangers' As Long-Lasting Franchise
Latest Business News
- Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind ‘Nashville’ And Looks To ‘Power Rangers’ As Long-Lasting Franchise
- Is Apple Interested In Making A Bid For Time Warner Or Netflix?
- Broadway’s Miller Time Continues With Roundabout Revival Of ‘The Price’
- ‘Paramour’ Lands On 42nd Street, One Small Step For Broadway, One Giant Leap For Cirque Du Soleil, Inc. – Review
- ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ Heads To Broadway For November Bow
- Lionsgate Shares Soar As March Quarter Earnings Beat Expectations