Deadline reported earlier this month that Jennifer Lopez had reached an agreement on the major deal points to re-join Fox’s American Idol as a judge on its upcoming 13th season. An announcement was expected from the network, but it may have been Lopez’s boyfriend Casper Smart who unwittingly did the honors. Speaking to E! News this weekend, Smart answered “Yes” when asked if Lopez was heading back to Idol. He apparently thought the network had already officially released the info. Lopez would join returning judge Keith Urban and host Ryan Seacrest. The third Idol judging seat is still open, with will.i.am tipped to take it.
Jennifer Lopez’s ‘American Idol’ Return Is On, Says Boyfriend In Apparent Slip
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016