Deadline reported earlier this month that Jennifer Lopez had reached an agreement on the major deal points to re-join Fox’s American Idol as a judge on its upcoming 13th season. An announcement was expected from the network, but it may have been Lopez’s boyfriend Casper Smart who unwittingly did the honors. Speaking to E! News this weekend, Smart answered “Yes” when asked if Lopez was heading back to Idol. He apparently thought the network had already officially released the info. Lopez would join returning judge Keith Urban and host Ryan Seacrest. The third Idol judging seat is still open, with will.i.am tipped to take it.
Jennifer Lopez’s ‘American Idol’ Return Is On, Says Boyfriend In Apparent Slip
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE