Deadline reported earlier this month that Jennifer Lopez had reached an agreement on the major deal points to re-join Fox’s American Idol as a judge on its upcoming 13th season. An announcement was expected from the network, but it may have been Lopez’s boyfriend Casper Smart who unwittingly did the honors. Speaking to E! News this weekend, Smart answered “Yes” when asked if Lopez was heading back to Idol. He apparently thought the network had already officially released the info. Lopez would join returning judge Keith Urban and host Ryan Seacrest. The third Idol judging seat is still open, with will.i.am tipped to take it.
Jennifer Lopez’s ‘American Idol’ Return Is On, Says Boyfriend In Apparent Slip
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser
- Joan Rivers Tribute Nabs 'Fashion Police' Biggest Audience Ever
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer
- 'Saturday Night Live' Insists No Decision On Kenan Thompson After Report Says He's Out At Season End
- Taylor Louderman & Alanna Saunders Join 'Peter Pan Live!'
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Docu His Most Streamed To Date