In a competitive situation, a half-hour project from actor-writer Jay Baruchel has landed at ABC with a significant penalty and pre-negotiated license fees. Baruchel will co-write the 20th Century Fox TV/Tagline comedy with his writing partner Jesse Chabot. The semi-autobiographical project centers on a successful actor who eschews the fame and superficiality of Hollywood to move back home to Burlington, VT where he buys a house down the street from his mom and invites his two best friends from childhood to move in with him. CAA-repped Baruchel and Chabot will executive produce with their managers, Willie Mercer and Marc Hamou of Thruline. Baruchel is not attached to star.
Jay Baruchel Semi-Autobiographical Comedy Goes To ABC With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cate Blanchett, Melissa McCarthy, Suzanne Somers And Disney Self-Absorption
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel