As he teased yesterday, actor James Franco announced on Twitter/Instagram this morning a new show he is doing for arts cable network Ovation TV. “James Franco Presents is a one-hour, weekly series,” he wrote over an image of Edvard Munch’s “The Scream” with his face transposed over the painting. Franco will host and executive produce the 10-episode series, which “explores art everywhere in our lives.” It is set to premiere in November. The network said today the show will document Franco’s explorations of the world of art, from his gallery exhibits to his students’ films. It also will offer up Franco’s point of view on his most personal passion projects, most of which have not been seen by the public, culling from thousands of hours from Franco’s personal video library including video diaries, documentary footage from his art films and interactions with his heroes from every artistic genre. The series could help boost profile of the obscure network. Responded a fan to Franco’s announcement on Twitter, “Congrats, I’ve never heard of Ovation.” Franco is set to be roasted by Comedy Central this Sunday.
James Franco To Host Show About Art On Ovation TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For…
- eOne Strikes First-Look Deal With Emily Mortimer’s King Bee Productions
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- BBC Backs Bansky Doc; Sundance London; BBC One Lines Up Saturday Night Format – Global Briefs
- ‘Victoria’: Jenna Coleman To Return As ITV & PBS Bring Back Royal Drama
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…