Universal Pictures said today it will release Tate Taylor‘s James Brown movie Get On Up on October 17, 2014. The dating comes after Monday’s news that 42 star Chadwick Boseman has been tapped to play The Godfather of Soul. The pic charts a young boy’s rise from extreme poverty and violence to become one of the most influential black artists in history whose career spanned six decades. This is Taylor’s follow-up to his 2011 Oscar Best Picture nominee The Help. Imagine Entertainment‘s Brian Grazer and Erica Huggins produce with Mick Jagger and Victoria Pearman under their Jagged Films banner. Taylor also serves as a producer, while his Wyolah Films partner John Norris executive produces alongside Trish Hofmann and Peter Afterman. Grazer started the project at a time when Brown was an active part in its development before he died in 2006. The only other film on the docket for 10/17/14 so far is Fox’s Frankenstein.
Universal To Release James Brown Biopic ‘Get On Up’ In October 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest Film News
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date